Why does Dolphin crash ?

Best Regards
Bruno Brasesco

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 02:45:51 GMT
 Dolphin crash ! Why ?

Quote:
> Hi all,

> q := ''. "Evaluate it"
> p := [ q value]. "Evaluate it"
> q := [ p value]. "Evaluate it"

> [p value] fork. "Evaluate it"

> Why does Dolphin crash ?

Evaluating "p value" on the last line will evaluate "q value" which will
then evaluate "p value" and so on. The first line is dead code since the q
in "p := [q value]" will always refer to the latest value of q, which in
this case is the block "[p value]".

Now, you may ask the question why Dolphin crashes instead of generating a
stack overflow walkback -- I can't answer that one...

John Brant

Tue, 04 Nov 2003 01:17:00 GMT

1. Dolphin Crash, any idea ?

2. BUG: DialogView mutation to a ShellView crashes Dolphin...

3. Dolphin Crash

4. Dolphin 3 crashes on startup

5. Dolphin Crash

6. First time for everything - Dolphin crash

7. Blue Screen Crash with Dolphin

8. CommandLineHelloWorld run crashes Dolphin

9. A little COM Story, or Why I like Using Dolphin

10. why why why oh why why baby

11. Dolphin and Advocacy groups added to Deja (was Re: Reading directory contents in Dolphin)

12. Dolphin Game Programming/SDL for Dolphin