VWIN32: Recommendations for making use of CTL3D.DLL?
Author Message
 VWIN32: Recommendations for making use of CTL3D.DLL?

Are there any recommendations about building windows and dialogues such
that they are compatible with the 3D type dialogues provided by the
CTL3D library? It seems, that using WB subpanes prohibits a transparent
use of 3D dialogues. Microsoft's recommendation, also in respect for
the Chicago 3D scheme, is to only use standard controls in current appli-
cations. I experimented a bit with the ALL3D goodie (which makes all
Windows applications have 3D controls) and it seems to be correct. I am just
reconstructing my windows, removing WB 3D subpanes. Any other experiences
with this problem? Has anybody already written the Smalltalk wrapping
code for using CTL3D (or its successors)?
Thanks in advance
- Thomas Muhr
--
Thomas Muhr - Project Public Health (A4) - Technical University of Berlin
ATLAS/ti - Computer Supported Text Interpretation & Theory Building

Sun, 05 Jan 1997 18:48:44 GMT
 VWIN32: Recommendations for making use of CTL3D.DLL?

Quote:

>Are there any recommendations about building windows and dialogues such
>that they are compatible with the 3D type dialogues provided by the
>CTL3D library? It seems, that using WB subpanes prohibits a transparent
>use of 3D dialogues. Microsoft's recommendation, also in respect for
>the Chicago 3D scheme, is to only use standard controls in current appli-
>cations. I experimented a bit with the ALL3D goodie (which makes all
>Windows applications have 3D controls) and it seems to be correct. I am just
>reconstructing my windows, removing WB 3D subpanes. Any other experiences
>with this problem? Has anybody already written the Smalltalk wrapping
>code for using CTL3D (or its successors)?
>Thanks in advance
>- Thomas Muhr
>--

Thomas,

I sent some code to OSI about a month ago to do ctl3d from
windowbuilder.  I can send you what I use to start up etc.
actually, I need to abstract out my changes and then I could
send them.

tom

Mon, 06 Jan 1997 15:53:05 GMT

1. CTL3D.DLL, CTL3D32.DLL, CTL3DV2.DLL and Clipper/Fivewin/R&R

2. Using 16-bit DLL in VWIN32

3. C4a Making Clarion DLL using outside DLL's

4. CTL3D.DLL MESSAGE?

5. Microsoft CTL3D DLL

6. VWIN32: Custom made File/Directory Dialogs

7. Making a DLL to be used by Access

8. questions on making DLL using MS FORTRAN 5.1

9. Using Tcl_CreateCommand, making NT DLL for TCL

10. making and using DLL in Smalltalk/V Windows

11. Crystal Reports Pro DLL calls from VWin32

12. VWIN32 and 16-bit DLLs