Pros/Cons of using VA ReportWriter over Crystal Reports
Author Message
 Pros/Cons of using VA ReportWriter over Crystal Reports

Does anybody have any information regarding the pros and cons of using
VA ReportWriter or Crystal Reports?  We are currently using VisualAge
for Smalltalk 4.0.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Pros/Cons of using VA ReportWriter over Crystal Reports

Quote:

> Does anybody have any information regarding the pros and cons of using
> VA ReportWriter or Crystal Reports?  We are currently using VisualAge
> for Smalltalk 4.0.

Have you considered Reportire from SSI ? If not why ?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Pros/Cons of using VA ReportWriter over Crystal Reports

We 're using Crystal Reports 'cause we 've been using it for other
projects too. However, we are currently experiencing quite a lot of
memory leaks: everytime after a report is produced and closed, the
windows resources will be reduced by 1 to 2 %. so if we run a simple
report for 15 times, the VA program will crash! the only to get around
it is to print directly to the printer instead to the screen.

this memory leak is a known bug and is not yet fixed in Ver. 5.
i would say CRW is a good report writer for very complex structure
reports but really have doubts about the performance.

We 're now trying out different tools. i just installed report writer
that came with VA. however, when i created a new part, i couldn't see
the part type Report ! why ??

and also, how good is Reportire ??

thanks a lot.

Tammy Cheung

Quote:

>> Does anybody have any information regarding the pros and cons of using
>> VA ReportWriter or Crystal Reports?  We are currently using VisualAge
>> for Smalltalk 4.0.
>Have you considered Reportire from SSI ? If not why ?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Pros/Cons of using VA ReportWriter over Crystal Reports

We 're using Crystal Reports 'cause we 've been using it for other
projects too. However, we are currently experiencing quite a lot of
memory leaks: everytime after a report is produced and closed, the
windows resources will be reduced by 1 to 2 %. so if we run a simple
report for 15 times, the VA program will crash! the only to get around
it is to print directly to the printer instead to the screen.

this memory leak is a known bug and is not yet fixed in Ver. 5.
i would say CRW is a good report writer for very complex structure
reports but really have doubts about the performance.

We 're now trying out different tools. i just installed report writer
that came with VA. however, when i created a new part, i couldn't see
the part type Report ! why ??

and also, how good is Reportire ??

thanks a lot.

Tammy Cheung

Quote:

>> Does anybody have any information regarding the pros and cons of using
>> VA ReportWriter or Crystal Reports?  We are currently using VisualAge
>> for Smalltalk 4.0.
>Have you considered Reportire from SSI ? If not why ?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Pros/Cons of using VA ReportWriter over Crystal Reports

We 're using Crystal Reports 'cause we 've been using it for other
projects too. However, we are currently experiencing quite a lot of
memory leaks: everytime after a report is produced and closed, the
windows resources will be reduced by 1 to 2 %. so if we run a simple
report for 15 times, the VA program will crash! the only to get around
it is to print directly to the printer instead to the screen.

this memory leak is a known bug and is not yet fixed in Ver. 5.
i would say CRW is a good report writer for very complex structure
reports but really have doubts about the performance.

We 're now trying out different tools. i just installed report writer
that came with VA. however, when i created a new part, i couldn't see
the part type Report ! why ??

and also, how good is Reportire ??

thanks a lot.

Tammy Cheung

Quote:

>> Does anybody have any information regarding the pros and cons of using
>> VA ReportWriter or Crystal Reports?  We are currently using VisualAge
>> for Smalltalk 4.0.
>Have you considered Reportire from SSI ? If not why ?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Crystal Reports vs. VA Report Writer

2. Reportwriter vs Crystal Reports

3. ReportWriter to Crystal Reports

4. Ayuda con Crystal Reports,urgente por favor

5. Ayuda con Crystal Reports,urgente por favor

6. Crystal Reports Pro DLL calls from VWin32

7. Crystal Reports + VA

8. VA 3.0 External C function and Crystal Report CRPE32.DLL

9. Q: Leonardo , any pros/cons using this ?

10. Crystal Reports API for Topspeed ODBC + Crystal / Topseed Template

11. Crystal Reports API for Topspeed ODBC + Crystal / Topseed Template