Standalone executables in ST/V for Win16 v 2.0
Author Message
 Standalone executables in ST/V for Win16 v 2.0

Hi,
  I must have missed it, but I don't see where in the manuals it describes
how to build standalone applications.  The logical one seemed to be
Smalltalk/V Tutorial and Programming Handbook" with it's appendicies talking
about calling windows DLLs and such, but I didn't find it there.  Am I
blind?  Or, are standalone applicaations not possible?

Thanks!

bruce

--

are a great idea-in fact, I think we should have them for {*filter*}s as well;
maybe a bespectacled "Little Bill" could lead you around Excel or Larry the

Fri, 20 Jun 1997 05:08:26 GMT
 Standalone executables in ST/V for Win16 v 2.0
Information on how to create stand-alone applications is in the file called
devtopix.txt as part of your Smalltalk/V package. I agree that its a might
bit confusing - especially when quite a few programming environments have
some kind of "Make Exe" menu command.

-Russ

Quote:

>Hi,
>  I must have missed it, but I don't see where in the manuals it describes
>how to build standalone applications.  The logical one seemed to be
>Smalltalk/V Tutorial and Programming Handbook" with it's appendicies talking
>about calling windows DLLs and such, but I didn't find it there.  Am I
>blind?  Or, are standalone applicaations not possible?

>Thanks!

>bruce

>--

>are a great idea-in fact, I think we should have them for {*filter*}s as well;
>maybe a bespectacled "Little Bill" could lead you around Excel or Larry the
>Llama could escort you through SQL in Oracle. -- Eric Brown Newmedia, 12/94

Fri, 20 Jun 1997 08:48:17 GMT
 Standalone executables in ST/V for Win16 v 2.0

Quote:

>Hi,
>  I must have missed it, but I don't see where in the manuals it describes
>how to build standalone applications.  The logical one seemed to be
>Smalltalk/V Tutorial and Programming Handbook" with it's appendicies talking
>about calling windows DLLs and such, but I didn't find it there.  Am I
>blind?  Or, are standalone applicaations not possible?

 Under ST-V/PM it should be the same:

 Edit the method NotificationMananger>>startUpApplication

 Within this methoud you should insert your code to startup your
application.

 Save the image and give away your "v.exe"-file (and of course the DLL's).

 Marten

--

"How she cried tears of happyness the day the doctor told her it's a
 boy, now she cries tears of helplessness in things of all the things he

Fri, 20 Jun 1997 18:06:50 GMT
 Standalone executables in ST/V for Win16 v 2.0
:Hi,I must have missed it, but I don't see where in the manuals it
:describeshow to build standalone applications.  The logical one :seemed
to be Smalltalk/V Tutorial and Programming Handbook" with :it's
appendicies talking about calling windows DLLs and such, but :I didn't
find it there.  Am I blind?  Or, are standalone applicaations :not
possible?

One of Digitalk's masterpieces - they put it in the readme file.

Dave.

Fri, 20 Jun 1997 18:58:58 GMT

1. ST vs Java vs ST vs ....

2. CW 2.0 StandAlone vs Local compile bug?

3. WindowBuilder for ST/V Win16

4. Better editor for ST/V Win16

5. ST/V Win16 Color Palette Question

6. ST/V Win16 under Warp

7. ST/V Win16 signon

8. handling ComboBox selection and #listVisible events in ST/V Win16

9. web vs standalone (VRML vs Inventor): question

10. 1.5.2 vs 1.6 vs 2.0 vs godzilla

11. Q: recommendations for inexpensive Smalltalk systems that can make standalone executables

12. Return Code of a Labview Standalone Executable