Looking for NOT VESA mouse unit to work in 640*480*256 or 800*600*256 mode
Author Message
 Looking for NOT VESA mouse unit to work in 640*480*256 or 800*600*256 mode

Hi i'm making program in 800*600*256 mode
and i need a mouse unit to work whit this mode;
because my old mouse unit work only 640*480*16 mode
and if you now where can i download these unit please

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Looking for NOT VESA mouse unit to work in 640*480*256 or 800*600*256 mode

Quote:

> Hi i'm making program in 800*600*256 mode
> and i need a mouse unit to work whit this mode;
> because my old mouse unit work only 640*480*16 mode
> and if you now where can i download these unit please

Why would you want a non-VESA SVGA mouse unit?  Almost any you'll find will
need VESA because it will work on just about any SVGA card with VESA support,
and just about nobody programs for particular chipsets anymore.  And even if
you don't have VESA support built into your video card, you can install it in
software by going to http://www.scitechsoft.com/ and getting their SciTech
Display Doctor.

BTW, the reason your mouse unit only works with VGA modes is that your driver
only supports standard VGA modes.  This is typical for just about all DOS
mouse drivers though.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Looking for NOT VESA mouse unit to work in 640*480*256 or 800*600*256 mode

Quote:

>> Hi i'm making program in 800*600*256 mode
>> and i need a mouse unit to work whit this mode;
>> because my old mouse unit work only 640*480*16 mode
>> and if you now where can i download these unit please

>Why would you want a non-VESA SVGA mouse unit?  Almost any you'll find will
>need VESA because it will work on just about any SVGA card with VESA
support,
>and just about nobody programs for particular chipsets anymore.  And even
if
>you don't have VESA support built into your video card, you can install it
in
>software by going to http://www.scitechsoft.com/ and getting their SciTech
>Display Doctor.

>BTW, the reason your mouse unit only works with VGA modes is that your
driver
>only supports standard VGA modes.  This is typical for just about all DOS
>mouse drivers though.

>--
>Scott Earnest            | SPAM protection in effect. Remove  |

Hi...
I'm looking for non vesa mouse unit
because I have downloaded a lot of vesa
units and mouse units for vesa but all
are for protected mode and my program
is in Real Mode and i dont have some
of my units in Protected Mode
If you have or know where is
vesa units whit mouse and example for
real mode please tell me.
I was sending directly to you
but the addres your give me is not working.

Vladimir.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Looking for NOT VESA mouse unit to work in 640*480*256 or 800*600*256 mode

Quote:

> Hi...
> I'm looking for non vesa mouse unit
> because I have downloaded a lot of vesa
> units and mouse units for vesa but all
> are for protected mode and my program
> is in Real Mode and i dont have some
> of my units in Protected Mode

Here's one that may work (I haven't tried it):

ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbopa7/egof7-11.zip

Or (also untested by me personally):

ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbopa7/ugraf12.zip

There was another I tried out with works reasonably well, unfortunately I'm
not sure where I got it, the file name, or the author.  If I can find it
again, I'll post more details.

Quote:
> If you have or know where is
> vesa units whit mouse and example for
> real mode please tell me.
> I was sending directly to you
> but the addres your give me is not working.

Of course not.  It's masked; read my signature.

Quote:
> Vladimir.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Looking for NOT VESA mouse unit to work in 640*480*256 or 800*600*256 mode

[...]

Quote:
> There was another I tried out with works reasonably well, unfortunately I'm
> not sure where I got it, the file name, or the author.  If I can find it
> again, I'll post more details.

[...]

Hi Scott,

If you come across any information on it, please let us know.

Any software that passes your high standards has got to be better than
average!

Best Regards,

Mike
CEO, Analog & Digital Design
Automated Production Test
  http://www.csolve.net/~add/home.htm

Hosting Jonathan Ramsey's Pascal TCP/IP for DOS:
  http://www.csolve.net/~add/zips/tcp.htm

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Looking for NOT VESA mouse unit to work in 640*480*256 or 800*600*256 mode

Quote:

> [...]

> > There was another I tried out with works reasonably well, unfortunately I'm
> > not sure where I got it, the file name, or the author.  If I can find it
> > again, I'll post more details.

> [...]

> Hi Scott,

> If you come across any information on it, please let us know.

> Any software that passes your high standards has got to be better than
> average!

Wow, thanks.  :-)  But we're all friends here, you're welcome to call me anal,
if you wish.  *grin*

Actually, neither of the two units I listed were ones I tried or tested, so I
can't vouch for quality.  I just happened to go to garbo looking for possible
mouse units which support SVGA -- a demonstration that it's really not hard to
find information if you make an effort to look.  I know garbo from being
around here for several years.  Casual readers would know about garbo as a
source by reading the frequently posted pointers.

Oh, and I'm still looking for that mouse unit I'd gotten.  I have this bad
feeling I may have deleted it, and I can't remember the author (whom I think
is an occasional poster here).  I'm kicking myself now, but I'll keep looking
since it looked like it would be a good thing to have around.

Quote:
> Best Regards,

> Mike
> CEO, Analog & Digital Design
> Automated Production Test
>   http://www.csolve.net/~add/home.htm

> Hosting Jonathan Ramsey's Pascal TCP/IP for DOS:
>   http://www.csolve.net/~add/zips/tcp.htm

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Looking for NOT VESA mouse unit to work in 640*480*256 or 800*600*256 mode

[...]

Quote:
> > Hi Scott,
> > If you come across any information on it, please let us know.
> > Any software that passes your high standards has got to be better than
> > average!
> Wow, thanks.  :-)  But we're all friends here, you're welcome to call me anal,
> if you wish.  *grin*

> Actually, neither of the two units I listed were ones I tried or tested, so I
> can't vouch for quality.  I just happened to go to garbo looking for possible
> mouse units which support SVGA -- a demonstration that it's really not hard to
> find information if you make an effort to look.  I know garbo from being
> around here for several years.  Casual readers would know about garbo as a
> source by reading the frequently posted pointers.

> Oh, and I'm still looking for that mouse unit I'd gotten.  I have this bad
> feeling I may have deleted it, and I can't remember the author (whom I think
> is an occasional poster here).  I'm kicking myself now, but I'll keep looking
> since it looked like it would be a good thing to have around.

[...]

I erase stuff all the time - then find out I really wanted to keep it
after all. Then, it's only luck to find it again.

I think the only solution is a bunch of IBM 16 gig drives hooked up in a
fault-tolerant RAID array.

I tried your suggestions, and I liked

  ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbopa7/ugraf12.zip

This was real simple, easy to understand, and worked! Most things I
download crash or hang - but I really liked this one.

Only thing - the 640X480X256 Mandlebrot is real slow. Probably due to the
complex floating point calculations. But for a first look - it's pretty
good.

Now to try the others :)

Best Regards,

Mike
CEO, Analog & Digital Design
Automated Production Test
  http://www.csolve.net/~add/home.htm

Hosting Jonathan Ramsey's Pascal TCP/IP for DOS:
  http://www.csolve.net/~add/zips/tcp.htm

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. 800*600*256 graphic mode unit wanted

2. mouse , keyboard, and 640 x 480 x 256 graphics unit

3. VESA 640*480*256 Question..

4. how can I use 640*480*256 mode?

5. How to use mode 640*480*256

6. 640*480*256 mode

7. PutPixel in 800*600*256

8. 800*600*256 or +

9. BGI driver 800-600 / 256 colors for TP6

10. 640 X 480 X 256?

11. 480 x 640 Pixels, 256 or more colors, wanted

12. 640*480*256 colors;