Directvideo
Author Message
 Directvideo

For a small project I decided to draw the menu interface using the
procedures included in graph.tpu..various bar3d's, etc...   But, to get the
normal gotoxy's  and writeln's to write to the screen I have to set
directvideo:=False, which seems to work fine.  The only problem I have left
is the lack of a cursor.  Anyone know if it's at all possible to "conjure"
up some form of indicator as to the position of the cursor?
I tried to create one using an interrupt, which worked to some extent, but
it caused lots of problems with any readln's I had set up.

Thanks,
/neill/
"What is before?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Directvideo

Quote:
>For a small project I decided to draw the menu interface using the
>procedures included in graph.tpu..various bar3d's, etc...   But, to get the
>normal gotoxy's  and writeln's to write to the screen I have to set
>directvideo:=False, which seems to work fine.  The only problem I have left
>is the lack of a cursor.  Anyone know if it's at all possible to "conjure"
>up some form of indicator as to the position of the cursor?
>I tried to create one using an interrupt, which worked to some extent, but
>it caused lots of problems with any readln's I had set up.

The simplest way is make all the work yourself. Draw and erase the cursor
manually, and make your own readline routine that uses the cursor.

If you want to use an interrupt, you could steal the dos interrupt and check
for a gotoxy call. If the command (ah) is a gotoxy, then you first hide the
cursor, call the original dos int to make the gotoxy, then show the cursor.

--
/GreenGhost

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Patch turbo.exe with directvideo:=false?

2. Why doesn't "directvideo := false" change anything