BP under win95 
Author Message
 BP under win95

I'm trying to use my Borland Pascal after a long hiatus.  It was last
used under win3.1.  It mostly works under 95 with the following
problems...

    It won't print to the 'default' printer, it seems to always select
one particular printer which is not the default.  I found that "copy
con:lpt1:" tries to print to the same printer under a command window, so
it's really not a BP issue, but a problem for me.

  It wont save the current directory after a directory change.  I
imagine it's due to long filenames.

Any ideas? Thanks



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 BP under win95
Bob Russo schrieb:

Quote:
>     It won't print to the 'default' printer, it seems to always select
> one particular printer which is not the default.  I found that "copy
> con:lpt1:" tries to print to the same printer under a command window, so
> it's really not a BP issue, but a problem for me.

No Idea, sorry.

Quote:
>   It wont save the current directory after a directory change.  I
> imagine it's due to long filenames.

Try download LFN108.ZIP from http://home.t-online.de/home/andreas.killer
which has a unit LFN in it which support this:

Support of long filenames under Win9x for TP6, TP/BP7 and compatible
compilers. After integrate this unit all default-pascal-routines has the
ability to work with long filenames. It's NOT necessary to rewrite an
existing program! All routines detect automatically if they are supported
and are disabled by itself if not. Changing long filenames in short also
avaible under pur DOS. Over 3900 lines full (in german) documented
pascal-source. Documentation avaible in german and english. Can be used for
Real-, Dpmi- and Windows-programs. Hooks also into unit Dos and/or unit
WinDos.

By, Andreas.



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 BP under win95
This problem I'm having is with the IDE not saving the directory information.
It appears LFN will work for my pascal applications, but not the IDE.  Is this
correct, or will it also work with the IDE?  Thanks
Quote:

> Bob Russo schrieb:

> >     It won't print to the 'default' printer, it seems to always select
> > one particular printer which is not the default.  I found that "copy
> > con:lpt1:" tries to print to the same printer under a command window, so
> > it's really not a BP issue, but a problem for me.

> No Idea, sorry.

> >   It wont save the current directory after a directory change.  I
> > imagine it's due to long filenames.

> Try download LFN108.ZIP from http://home.t-online.de/home/andreas.killer
> which has a unit LFN in it which support this:

> Support of long filenames under Win9x for TP6, TP/BP7 and compatible
> compilers. After integrate this unit all default-pascal-routines has the
> ability to work with long filenames. It's NOT necessary to rewrite an
> existing program! All routines detect automatically if they are supported
> and are disabled by itself if not. Changing long filenames in short also
> avaible under pur DOS. Over 3900 lines full (in german) documented
> pascal-source. Documentation avaible in german and english. Can be used for
> Real-, Dpmi- and Windows-programs. Hooks also into unit Dos and/or unit
> WinDos.

> By, Andreas.



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 BP under win95
Bob Russo schrieb:

Quote:
> This problem I'm having is with the IDE not saving the directory information.

Do you mean the directorysettings for the compiler in the IDE? Try save the
options manually. I don't know exactly the menunames in your IDE, but I think it
should be under "Options/Save".

Quote:
> It appears LFN will work for my pascal applications, but not the IDE.  Is this
> correct, or will it also work with the IDE?  Thanks

LFN is a unit and you say that it works with your application. You can run your
application within the IDE and LFN did work in your application. I don't know what
do you mean if you say "with the IDE"? It is not possible in any way to make long
filenames avaible for the IDE directly.

Or didn't LFN work in the application if you run it from the IDE? In any way I
have no problems at all to run an application that uses LFN from the IDE or
directly under Win9x.

By, Andreas.



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 BP under win95

Quote:

> Do you mean the directorysettings for the compiler in the IDE?

Yes

Quote:
> Try save the
> options manually. I don't know exactly the menunames in your IDE, but I think it
> should be under "Options/Save".

This didn't work, BUT, it discovered the BP.TP file was not being updated.  I deleted
it, the IDE made a new one and now it works!

Thanks, Bob



Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Installing BP V7.0 on WIN95 station

2. BP 7's ExecDos() Sometimes Dying under Win95

3. Win95 Network access from BP?

4. BP 7.0 under WIN95

5. BP 7.0 and WIN95

6. bp 5.5 vs bp 6.0

7. BP 7.0 and BP 7.1

8. Difference between BP 7.0 / BP 7.1 ?

9. Translation of OWL for BP 7.0 to 32 bit

10. question: BP pointer NEW

11. Multitasking under BP protected mode

12. TP/BP-7 Edit Keys

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software