BGI driver & mouse
Author Message
 BGI driver & mouse

Hello is someone out there, who can help me?

My problem is: I have Borland TP 7.0 (German Version) , but my BGI-driver
'IBM 8514' does not work, I don't know why?!

Where can I get a driver for 1024x768 with 256 colors and  a mouse-driver in
a '.pas' file.

Does anyone know where I can get it ?

Thanks in advance, Paul

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 BGI driver & mouse

Quote:

> Hello is someone out there, who can help me?

> My problem is: I have Borland TP 7.0 (German Version) , but my BGI-driver
> 'IBM 8514' does not work, I don't know why?!

Probably because you don't have an IBM 8514/A video graphics adapter.  This is
now an essentially obsolete interface card, and this BGI works *only* for that
card, not high-res 256-color modes in general.

Quote:
> Where can I get a driver for 1024x768 with 256 colors and  a mouse-driver in
> a '.pas' file.

You probably don't want BGI then.  Your best choice would be a third-party
package -- you can get good mouse support and far better performance this
way.  One which comes to mind is, if I am remembering correct, GrafX, which
has had some recent mentions here.  You coul check previously posted articles.

Quote:
> Does anyone know where I can get it ?

The previous posts could be of more help, or hopefully, the author would be
kind enough to follow up with more details.

Quote:

> Thanks in advance, Paul

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 BGI driver & mouse
Hi!

Quote:
>You probably don't want BGI then.  Your best choice would be a third-party
>package -- you can get good mouse support and far better performance this
>way.  One which comes to mind is, if I am remembering correct, GrafX, which
>has had some recent mentions here.  You coul check previously posted
articles.

>> Does anyone know where I can get it ?

>The previous posts could be of more help, or hopefully, the author would be
>kind enough to follow up with more details.

Sorry, I'm a bit slow the last days ;)

(now one of the randomized standard sentences [grin])
Well, GrafX supports 8/15/16 bit modes at all resolutions a card supports.
The mouse unit supports normal and animated windows cursors. GrafX is
downloadable from my homepage.

Bye,
Stefan
---
please remove the P in my email-adress to answer me

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. new svga bgi drivers that are mouse aware&compatible

2. DOS Mouse Driver for VESA16.BGI

3. TP6.0 & BGI Driver

4. Mouse in BP7 svga256.bgi

5. Vesa.bgi and mouse