How do I print 256 color graphics?
Author Message
 How do I print 256 color graphics?

How can I take what ever is in the videocard framebuffer and just dump
it out to a printer, regardless if the printer is a laser, ink jet, dot
printer.  Also it needs to work in 16 bit protected mode.

Thanks.

Sun, 14 Dec 2003 09:25:43 GMT
 How do I print 256 color graphics?

Quote:

> How can I take what ever is in the videocard framebuffer and just dump
> it out to a printer, regardless if the printer is a laser, ink jet, dot
> printer.  Also it needs to work in 16 bit protected mode.

> Thanks.

This is printer dependad as each printer uses its own command language.
One way might be to use the printer bgi drivers from rhyle design.
Search the net for them. Disadvantage: only one bgi driver may be uses
simultaniously.
If you need source for printing on an nec pinwriter or epson stylus
color (black & white only), mail me. The colors can be achieved through
dithering.

Markus

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 00:05:53 GMT
 How do I print 256 color graphics?
Unfortunatly searching for "rhyle design" turned up nothing.

Also Since I don't have a printer, is there a color printer emuator out there
as well?

Quote:

> > How can I take what ever is in the videocard framebuffer and just dump
> > it out to a printer, regardless if the printer is a laser, ink jet, dot
> > printer.  Also it needs to work in 16 bit protected mode.

> > Thanks.

> This is printer dependad as each printer uses its own command language.
> One way might be to use the printer bgi drivers from rhyle design.
> Search the net for them. Disadvantage: only one bgi driver may be uses
> simultaniously.
> If you need source for printing on an nec pinwriter or epson stylus
> color (black & white only), mail me. The colors can be achieved through
> dithering.

> Markus

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 04:13:12 GMT
 How do I print 256 color graphics?

Quote:

> Unfortunatly searching for "rhyle design" turned up nothing.

> Also Since I don't have a printer, is there a color printer emuator out there
> as well?

>>> How can I take what ever is in the videocard framebuffer and just dump
>>> it out to a printer, regardless if the printer is a laser, ink jet, dot
>>> printer.  Also it needs to work in 16 bit protected mode.

>>> Thanks.

>> This is printer dependad as each printer uses its own command language.
>> One way might be to use the printer bgi drivers from rhyle design.
>> Search the net for them. Disadvantage: only one bgi driver may be uses
>> simultaniously.
>> If you need source for printing on an nec pinwriter or epson stylus
>> color (black & white only), mail me. The colors can be achieved through
>> dithering.

>> Markus

What??? What do you want to do really? Do you want to print to a printer
but have none to test this? Or what do you want to tell me by printing?
Or do you want to DISPLAY something on screen?

and here the URL (sorry, was ryle not rhyle...)

http://www.ryledesign.com/

Markus

Tue, 16 Dec 2003 00:51:09 GMT
 How do I print 256 color graphics?
I don't have a real printer.  to go out and buy a printer to do testing is a bit
expensive.  And these days there are chip emulators, OS emulators I use Virtual PC
to do my dos programming under windows 2000.  I was hoping maybe there was a color
printer emulator to test my work with.  The dos program uses 256 color graphics
using Metawindows 386 in 16bit protected mode.
Quote:

> > Unfortunatly searching for "rhyle design" turned up nothing.

> > Also Since I don't have a printer, is there a color printer emuator out there
> > as well?

> >> This is printer dependad as each printer uses its own command language.
> >> One way might be to use the printer bgi drivers from rhyle design.
> >> Search the net for them. Disadvantage: only one bgi driver may be uses
> >> simultaniously.
> >> If you need source for printing on an nec pinwriter or epson stylus
> >> color (black & white only), mail me. The colors can be achieved through
> >> dithering.

> >> Markus

> What??? What do you want to do really? Do you want to print to a printer
> but have none to test this? Or what do you want to tell me by printing?
> Or do you want to DISPLAY something on screen?

> and here the URL (sorry, was ryle not rhyle...)

> http://www.ryledesign.com/

> Markus

Tue, 16 Dec 2003 02:27:56 GMT

1. 256 color graphics PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

2. 256 Color Graphics.

3. SVGA 256 color graphics ?

4. I like to print color Line graphics, text color in a hp deskject

5. 256 color image on a 16 color screen?

6. 24-bit color to 256 color's source

7. Please Help : 256 color and Mouse

8. 256 color turbo pascal .tpi

9. TPW: loading 256 color bitmaps?