Error 200
Author Message
 Error 200

Hi !

I'm having tp 7 and a 600mhz processor.
don't know why, but when i want to start as pas-program, there's always
erorror 200.

need help!!

Thanx.

-------------
It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at !

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Error 200

Quote:

>Hi !

>I'm having tp 7 and a 600mhz processor.
>don't know why, but when i want to start as pas-program, there's always
>erorror 200.

>need help!!

Read the FAQ!

Osmo

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Error 200

Quote:

> >Hi !

> >I'm having tp 7 and a 600mhz processor.
> >don't know why, but when i want to start as pas-program, there's always
> >erorror 200.

> >need help!!

> Read the FAQ!

> Osmo

var
    numberoftimesrte200questionsappear:integer;
    toomany:integer;

procedure givinggoodadvice;
begin
    inc(numberoftimesrte200questionsappear);
end;

function bored:boolean;
begin
    if numberoftimesrte200questionsappear>toomany then bored:=true else
bored:=false;
end;

begin
    numberoftimesrte200questionsappear:=0;
    toomanytimes:=maxint; {alter to suit personal preferance}
    repeat
        givinggoodadvice;
    until bored;
end.

No malice intended to anyone - just a small quantity of friday night
sarcasm.

Kenn ;-)

Wed, 23 Apr 2003 08:26:40 GMT
 Error 200

Quote:

> var
>     numberoftimesrte200questionsappear:integer;
>     toomany:integer;

Apropos of the 16-bit-integer thread, you might want to make the first
variable a longint. ;-)

Quote:
> procedure givinggoodadvice;
> begin
>     inc(numberoftimesrte200questionsappear);
> end;

Similarly, you should be aware that Inc() will happily roll over to zero
when it reaches the end; no type checking is performed and thus no error
will be reported even with checking turned on (you *do* have all checks
turned on, I trust?)

Quote:
> function bored:boolean;
> begin
>     if numberoftimesrte200questionsappear>toomany then bored:=true else
> bored:=false;
> end;

This can be simplified to:

bored := (numberoftimesrte200questionsappear > toomany)

However, such a simple function need not be encapsulated; you can simply use
this as the loop condition.

Quote:
> begin
>     numberoftimesrte200questionsappear:=0;
>     toomanytimes:=maxint; {alter to suit personal preferance}

      ^^^^^^^^^^^^
I believe this should be "toomany". Since you don't alter this variable
during the execution of the program (unless it's changed in
"givinggoodadvice"), you may want to make this a constant instead.

Quote:
>     repeat
>         givinggoodadvice;
>     until bored;
> end.

Also, it is better practice to pass variables as parameters to your
procedures than to access them globally (although there are times when
global access is useful). That way it is easier to see which variables are
being altered by each procedure.

All in all a useful program, but I feel it can be improved. ;-)

Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:48:14 GMT

1. ERROR 200:Div. by zero

2. error 200 on blockread (w/ patched tpl files)

3. Object Pro Opcrt unit runtime error 200

4. runtime error 200

5. Error 200

6. Patch for LFN and error 200

7. Runtime Error 200 with new computer

8. error 200

9. Error 200 at 800 Mhz with BP7

10. Runtime Error 200 auf PC mit 800 MHz

11. Error 200: Division by zero PATCH / FIX

12. Error 200 : Division by Zero under P6 base PC