Efficient way to draw lines
Author Message
 Efficient way to draw lines

Quote:

>Hi,

>I need to draw about 350,000 lines in about 1-2 seconds. At
>the moment it takes about 50 seconds on a pentium 166 Mhz,
>with PenPos and LineTo. With PolyLine it is marginally faster.
>But polyline is not ideal because the lines are not connected.

>Will DirectX or DirectDraw make things faster? Is there a
>fast way of drawing these lines?

Drawing lines on the screen is slow. I would suggest you draw them on a
virtual screen somewhere else in memory, then put the whole thing on screen
at once.

--
/GreenGhost
________________________

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Line Drawing withough BGI Help

2. Draw a line in array

3. Fast way to draw a line?

4. line drawing under modes x

5. 2 ways to refer field in Data Module

6. Wanted: big databases that are corrupted in interesting ways

7. Ways to test the .EXE final program ???

8. Creative ways to hang Windows

9. Four ways scrolling on VGA / SVGA

10. Read file line per line

11. Newbie question about moving thru table line by line

12. Can I turn 26 line mode to 50 line mode