which files do I include with exe file?
Author Message
 which files do I include with exe file?

I was just wondering what files I needed to include with the exe file for my
program to work on a computer that doesn't have any versions of Pascal ( I
am using TP7).

Paul Baalham

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 which files do I include with exe file?

Quote:

> I was just wondering what files I needed to include with the exe file
> for my program to work on a computer that doesn't have any versions
> of Pascal ( I am using TP7).

This is a very funny question...

It depends on your program.
graphics: If you are using the graph.tpu you will need to include
the xxxxxx.BGI files (probably only one of them), the .chr files
for the "bautiful" stroked fonts.

If you had BP 7 you would probably need the RTM.EXE for DPMI.
If you had TPW 1.5 or BPW 7 you would probably need BWCC.DLL.

And other files which you made for configuration and/or initialisation,
and help files (for Turbo Vision or Windows)...

http://www.geocities.com/~franzglaser/ http://members.xoom.com/f_glaser/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 which files do I include with exe file?

Quote:

> I was just wondering what files I needed to include with the exe file
> for my program to work on a computer that doesn't have any versions
> of Pascal ( I am using TP7).

: If you had TPW 1.5 or BPW 7 you would probably need BWCC.DLL.

What is BWCC.DLL for?  My TPW1.5 programs (and even TPW.EXE) appear
to work fine without it and I've never included it in distributions.

I only distribute files which are EXPLICITLY accessed at run-time
(including any DLL's referenced through my own units.)
For a lot of stuff, this means just the EXE
(configuration and data files are created as needed by the EXE).

  |\/|                          ||  Burnaby South Secondary School

Mathematics & Computer Science  ||             (Canada)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 which files do I include with exe file?
I only know for the DOS-Version of BP7/TP7:

- Your EXE-file (gee...)
- When you're using BGI-graphics, all needed .BGI-drivers and
.CHR-fonts. You may also link this group of files directly to your .EXE
using BINOBJ.EXE
- In protected mode, you also need DPMI16BI.OVL and RTM.EXE. I suggest
to add DPMIINST.EXE and RTMRES.EXE.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 which files do I include with exe file?

Quote:

> : If you had TPW 1.5 or BPW 7 you would probably need BWCC.DLL.

> What is BWCC.DLL for?  My TPW1.5 programs (and even TPW.EXE) appear
> to work fine without it and I've never included it in distributions.

Robert!

BWCC.DLL is used for the "Borland style" dialog boxes and buttons
with graphical images. If you enable Borland style in the resource
editor, you get more "beautiful" buttons.

Regards,

http://www.geocities.com/~franzglaser/ http://members.xoom.com/f_glaser/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Including an EXE file in a Resource

2. Driver included into the exe file ?

3. Include external bin code into exe file

4. Include files in exe

5. Including icons in .EXE files

6. Changing an .EXE file to include an advert splash screen

7. Include Fonts in PM exe-file

8. Including .chr and .bgi files in a program compiled into .exe

9. Witch file include for Ms Access Database Distibution File

10. file.exe not file.pas

11. file.exe not file.pas

12. convert *.exe files to *.pas files