chemical reaction program
Author Message
 chemical reaction program

hi all
i have a complicated question...
i would like to make a program that gets two materials and show on the
screen their chemical reaction.
for example: F, O
the solution:   F-O-F
i guess those of you who have never learnt chemistry won't be able to help
me, but please try. even just an idea
      bye
        Erez

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 chemical reaction program

Quote:

>hi all
>i have a complicated question...
>i would like to make a program that gets two materials and show on the
>screen their chemical reaction.
>for example: F, O
>the solution:   F-O-F
>i guess those of you who have never learnt chemistry won't be able to help
>me, but please try. even just an idea
>      bye
>        Erez

There is really more to it than that. How do you wish to show two
proper, but different, reactions--such as Fe, 0 giving Fe2O3 and Fe3O4
and many others such as water and hydrogen peroxide?

Clif

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 chemical reaction program

Quote:

> hi all
> i have a complicated question...
> i would like to make a program that gets two materials and show on the
> screen their chemical reaction.
> for example: F, O
> the solution:   F-O-F
> i guess those of you who have never learnt chemistry won't be able to help
> me, but please try. even just an idea
>       bye
>         Erez

No, I don't know much about chemistry, though I think a netsearch for
chemics will give you lots of clues. My hint is: take a look at Atomix,
a game about just this subject, from a couple of years ago. It looks
great, and it was the first time I thought chemics was fun.

Ciao!

Remco de Korte
Soft Machine
Nederland
http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/cage/cagea.html (you'll find some more
info here)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 chemical reaction program

Quote:

> hi all
> i have a complicated question...
> i would like to make a program that gets two materials and show on the
> screen their chemical reaction.
> for example: F, O
> the solution:   F-O-F
> i guess those of you who have never learnt chemistry won't be able to help
> me, but please try. even just an idea
>       bye
>         Erez

Dear Erez,
You could make a file that contains data about how many connections to
other atoms. Example : C 4, O 2, F 1, etcetera. If you then put in two
chemical elements, your program would look up the atoms' capabilities
and connect them accordingly.
                                Tell me, if it works,
                                        Marcel Ebmer

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Q: exact reaction time measurement under WinXX

2. Q: exact reaction time measurement under WinXX

3. Reaction time accuracy

4. Help with reaction time experiment

5. reaction times

6. Quitting program in middle of program

7. Running sub-programs in TP6/TP7 programs

8. Need HELP FINISHING PROGRAM (posted program) PASCAL

9. Execute DOS-command/program from a program.

10. Execute DOS-command/program from a program.

11. linking pascal program into c program?!

12. Help needed (running a program from a program).