Help Needed !!!
Author Message
 Help Needed !!!

Hi!
I'm a novice programer and need some help in Tp7.
i found  a cute program but i have problemswith thge mouse handeling
I REALY DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS TWO  units and their use :

uses
 crt,drivers;

procedure slice; assembler;
 asm
            int $28
 end;

function mousecheck:boolean;
 begin
  if buttoncount<>0 then
   begin
    initvideo;
    initevents;
    mousecheck:=true
 x  end
  else mousecheck:=false
 end;

function mouseg:boolean;
 var
  mvent:tevent;
 begin
  getmouseevent(mvent);
  mouseg:=(mousebuttons=mbleftbutton)
 end;

begin
  showmouse;
  repeat
   while not(mouseg) do slice;
   repeat until not(mouseg);
x   .
   .
   .

end.

I would realy appreciate it if someone could help me .

btw : what does the unit drivers do ???
Thanks in advance !

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Help Needed !!!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Help Needed !!!
The following program compiles under BP7, but I don't have a DRIVERS.TPU
and it's not mentioned in the printed manuals or the online help (that I
could find).  Anybody know what's in it?

----------------
  uses drivers;
    begin
    end.
----------------

Any leads appreciated.

     - Rich

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Help Needed !!!

Quote:

>The following program compiles under BP7, but I don't have a DRIVERS.TPU
>and it's not mentioned in the printed manuals or the online help (that I
>could find).  Anybody know what's in it?

Are you *sure* you don't have DRIVERS.TPU and DRIVERS.TPP in your default
units directory (C:\BP\UNITS in my setup)?  The only reason you wouldn't
have it is if you didn't install Turbo Vision.

The DRIVERS unit provides system support for Turbo Vision applications,
specifically mouse, memory, and video support.  It is indeed mentioned in
the Turbo Vision Programming Guide.

Although it's mainly for TV, I understand some parts of it can be pulled out
and used in regular DOS programs.  If you're positive you don't have it in
your units directory, pop your install disks back in and install TV.  That
will make sure you have it.

Quote:
>----------------
>  uses drivers;
>    begin
>    end.
>----------------
>Any leads appreciated.
>     - Rich

Hope this answers your question.

--
Scott F. Earnest           | We now return you to our regularly scheduled

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Help Needed !!!

Quote:

> Are you *sure* you don't have DRIVERS.TPU and DRIVERS.TPP in your default
> units directory (C:\BP\UNITS in my setup)?  The only reason you wouldn't
> have it is if you didn't install Turbo Vision.

[Sheepishly, he admits,] yes they were there.

Quote:
> The DRIVERS unit provides system support for Turbo Vision applications,
> specifically mouse, memory, and video support.  It is indeed mentioned in
> the Turbo Vision Programming Guide.

Aha!  I was writing a regular DOS app, not using Turbo Vision, so I
didn't think to look there.  [more sheepishness, as appropriate]

     - Rich

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Help Needed !!!

Quote:

>The following program compiles under BP7, but I don't have a DRIVERS.TPU
>and it's not mentioned in the printed manuals or the online help (that I
>could find).  Anybody know what's in it?

It's a TurboVision unit, documented (in bits and pieces) in the Turbo
Vision manual.

Duncan Murdoch

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Help Needed !!!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Help Needed !!!
Quote:

> Hi!
> I'm a novice programer and need some help in Tp7.
> i found  a cute program but i have problemswith thge mouse handeling
> I REALY DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS TWO  units and their use :

> uses
>  crt,drivers;

> procedure slice; assembler;
>  asm
>             int $28
>  end;

> function mousecheck:boolean;
>  begin
>   if buttoncount<>0 then
>    begin
>     initvideo;
>     initevents;
>     mousecheck:=true
>  x  end
>   else mousecheck:=false
>  end;

> function mouseg:boolean;
>  var
>   mvent:tevent;
>  begin
>   getmouseevent(mvent);
>   mouseg:=(mousebuttons=mbleftbutton)
>  end;

> begin
>   showmouse;
>   repeat
>    while not(mouseg) do slice;
>    repeat until not(mouseg);
> x   .I have a problem to call a Pascal function from C program.

The Pascal interface is:
function GetTitle (p: Pointer): string;
and implementation is:
function GetTitle (p: Pointer): string; external 'omDal12';

What prototype of GetTitle I have to use in C program?
Thanks in advace,
Igal.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Help Needed !!!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Help Needed !!!

Quote:

>The following program compiles under BP7, but I don't have a DRIVERS.TPU
>and it's not mentioned in the printed manuals or the online help (that I
>could find).  Anybody know what's in it?

>----------------
>  uses drivers;
>    begin
>    end.
>----------------

>Any leads appreciated.

Drivers is a low-level (non-oop) Turbo Vision unit which provides an interface
to the mouse (only works properly in text modes) and keyboard.

Add TVISION.TPH to your IDE help file list if you're using TP7 or BP7 and you
will then get online help for the unit.

-- Jay

| Jason Burgon - author of Graphic Vision, TV-Like GUI for 256 Colour SVGA  |

|                         http://www.en.com/users/grendel/prog/tv_prog.html |

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Help Needed !!!

  First of all I'm from Greece, secondly I'm a Pascal (DOS) fan,
thirdly nice to have "met" you. Now lets see:
  DRIVERS.TPU is part of the TURBBO VISION pack. It implements
low level routines for SCREEN, MOUSE, KEYBOARD & ERROR
handling. It's presence is vital for TURBO VISION. I think it's
accompanied by an .OBJ file but I can't remembber its name.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Help Needed !!!

First of all I'm from Greece. Secondly, I'm new in the Internet
"business". Now let's see...

DRIVERS.TPU is part of the TURBO VISION pack. It implements low
level routines for the handling of mouse, keyboard, screen,
error and other resources. It is used in almost every "true"
Turbo Vision based application.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Emergency Help Needed: C2pascal program needed

2. HELP - Need help on TDBLookUpList

3. Help - Need Help in Drivers!

4. Help, need help for schedule program

5. Help needed with help

6. HELP: Need quick help with procedures!!

7. Basic help needed again.

8. **** HELP **** needed with a paramatized SQL QUery in Delphi 2

9. HELP needed on accessing network files

10. TDataBase and MSAcces - Help needed

11. Help needed, Syncronization, MS-Access 7.0