Precision calculations
Author Message
 Precision calculations

please please please can any body help me find a way to get more than 19
decimal places in Pascal for use with animated fractal generators and
fractal compression systems

Any help/code in pascal or asm would be of great.

ThanX

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Precision calculations

Quote:

>please please please can any body help me find a way to get more than 19
>decimal places in pascal for use with animated fractal generators and
>fractal compression systems

>Any help/code in pascal or asm would be of great.

http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/programs/longcalc.pas will do integer
arithmetic up to 65520 digits, base 2..16.  You might be able to extract
something usable from it - it has routines such as plus & divide.

ISTM that you should be using fixed point, in which case it is not hard
- though I've not done it - to implement multilength + - * in asm;

--

  Web <URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links.
  PAS, EXE in <URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/programs/> - see 00index.txt.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. getting high precision arithmetic for BP7

2. Rounding Off or Precision Error

3. Currency Field lossing precision

4. Precision Timer

5. Arithmetic in multiple precision

6. Real precision

7. HELP !!! Table field precision

8. multiple precision arithmetic

9. proper way to use single and double precision?

10. Precision of 'Reall datatype

11. Conversion of double precision

12. TRUNC et al. + number precision (inside CPU) questions