SetWriteMode (XORPut) doesn't work
Author Message
 SetWriteMode (XORPut) doesn't work

I have a program where I am trying to write squares, circles over existing
data on the screen in graphics mode (640x480x256). After I write them, I
selectively remove them to reveal the original data under the object. I
accomplish this using SetWriteMode (XORPut) in Borland Pascal Version 7.0
(BP.EXE). The process works very well on almost all video cards that I have
used since the late 80's. With the Windows video cards becoming more and
more windows oriented, some do not seem to work with this XOR mode. I think
it could be one of two things:

1. The SVGA registers have been turned off or are no longer supported by
these cards
2. A status register bit is not set somewhere so the SetWriteMode thinks it
cannot perform the operation.

Does anyone have any solutions or suggestions as to what I should try to
isolate the problem.

Thanks ... Allen Clay

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 SetWriteMode (XORPut) doesn't work

Quote:

> 1. The SVGA registers have been turned off or are no longer supported by
> these cards

It's quite possible that newer video cards (or systems using one or
other "Pentium III video chip" and without a video card at all) aren't
vga register compatible anymore... The Xor put in vga mode is indeed
done using a vga register support.

Jonas

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. TQuery's locate method doesn't work properly

2. Delphi+ODBC+BDE+SqlServer doesn't work

3. Why Doesn't This Work?

4. QReport doesn't work when native connection to MS Access 97 is used

5. Table1.RecNo doesn't work

6. TDataSetAction - doesn't work??

7. Why GetData doesn't work with TBLOBField???

8. Why doesn't this alias work?

9. BDE Probem, HAVING doesn't work

10. TReport.RecalcReport doesn't work

11. Turbo Pascal for Windows doesn't quite work w/ Win 95

12. Stored Procedures: Why doesn't it work with Personal Oracle