Vector graphics
Author Message
 Vector graphics

Can anyone give me a pointer (pun intended) to some kind of material
on the basics of programming vector graphics? I'm interested in trying to
learn some. Any FTP sites, for example?

--
65              "..And leave the town to the keeping
  Zn             of the one who is sweeping

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Vector graphics

Quote:

>Can anyone give me a pointer (pun intended) to some kind of material
>on the basics of programming vector graphics? I'm interested in trying to
>learn some. Any FTP sites, for example?

Vector graphics?  You'll have to explain that one.

But basically, most graphics can be performed by a putpixel function
only, if you know about analytical geometry.  Actually, IMO, that is a
requirement to do graphics WELL...

IMO, the only functions that are really needed to draw graphics is a
putpixel function, a changecolor function, and a floodfill (if there's
an actual function that's more efficient than a successive putpixel).
The proper way to do other things is done by remembering analytical
geometry.

Glenn Grotzinger

MOD and S3M user extraordinaire.
Writer of TP tutorial.  All released parts findable at:
ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/turbopas/tptutr10.zip

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Vector graphics

Quote:

>Can anyone give me a pointer (pun intended) to some kind of material
>on the basics of programming vector graphics? I'm interested in trying to
>learn some. Any FTP sites, for example?

Try Garbo, ftp://x2ftp.oulu.fi or SWAG. Plenty of code in all three sites.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Vector graphics

Quote:

>Can anyone give me a pointer (pun intended) to some kind of material
>on the basics of programming vector graphics? I'm interested in trying to
>learn some. Any FTP sites, for example?

* The PCGPE 'PC Games Programmers Encyclopaedia'
. ftp://x2ftp.oulu.fi/pub/msdos/programming/gpe/pcgpe.zip
. http://x2ftp.oulu.fi/pub/msdos/programming/gpe/00index.html

Version 1 contains lots of information on interfacing with games
related hardware - Mouse, joystick, Sound Cards, VGA specs.
Useful software techniques include BSP trees, 3d algorithms, a
starfield sim and fire effects.  gfx file formats included too.

Includes Assembly and VGA tutorials by Asphyxia and VLA.

Thankfully, the author is a Pascal afficionado, and so most of the code
is in Pascal or Pascal-style pseudocode.  It also focusses on
techniques, rather than doling out code or units, aiding understanding.

(From this group's "Mini-FAQ")

Hope this helps,
Frank

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Vector Graphics

2. Vector graphics in pascal?

3. Engen value & Eigen vector

4. bvp303d.zip Vector and matrix library for TP7, OptiCode

5. Need formulas for 2-dimension vectors

6. vector rotation unit needed

7. Slovak vector fonts for Borland (*.chr)

8. Rotating a vector set

9. Permutation of a vector

10. Vector arrays??

11. Permutation of a vector