special problem with audio track length
Author Message
 special problem with audio track length

Hi there,

this is NO FAQ, i did not find any answer to my following special
question:

I've got an CD-Extra, i. e. 38 audio tracks, the 39th just data.
I want to get the length of track 38.
position of lead-out is non-sense, of course.
But also start of track 39 is non-sense, because track 39 is in
another session, so that (please correct me if I'm wrong here!) there
are one lead-out and a lead-in between 38 and 39. So, how can I get to
know where 38 ends?

IOCTL-IN function no. 8 (get volume size) doesn't work! This returns
the size of the entire CD.
IOCTL-IN function no. 10 (get info about audio cd) just the same...

I think there must be some information about the session, i. e. also
then length or so, in the VTOC, but I couldn't find any information
about its structure.

Does anybody have an idea how to get that info via IOCTL-IN, please?

Lars

Wed, 04 Feb 2004 02:09:00 GMT
 special problem with audio track length

decided to enlighten us with :

Quote:
>Hi there,

>this is NO FAQ, i did not find any answer to my following special
>question:

>I've got an CD-Extra, i. e. 38 audio tracks, the 39th just data.
>I want to get the length of track 38.
>position of lead-out is non-sense, of course.
>But also start of track 39 is non-sense, because track 39 is in
>another session, so that (please correct me if I'm wrong here!) there
>are one lead-out and a lead-in between 38 and 39. So, how can I get to
>know where 38 ends?

>IOCTL-IN function no. 8 (get volume size) doesn't work! This returns
>the size of the entire CD.
>IOCTL-IN function no. 10 (get info about audio cd) just the same...

>I think there must be some information about the session, i. e. also
>then length or so, in the VTOC, but I couldn't find any information
>about its structure.

>Does anybody have an idea how to get that info via IOCTL-IN, please?

>Lars

Are you using DeviceIoControl ? Try sending ASPI SRBs to the device.

        J.
        Jeremiah D. Seitz
        Porch karaoke king and the guy who runs with 8< scissors >8
        Omega Techware
        http://omegatechware.hypermart.net

Wed, 04 Feb 2004 08:58:21 GMT
 special problem with audio track length

Quote:

> Not via IOCTL-IN, but MCI calls should tell you if you want to get the
> time-length. If you want to get the low-level track-sector-length then of
> course it won't tell you that.

Sorry, I don't understand. What is an MCI call? I just call the CD
functions via the DOS driver MSCDEX.

Sat, 07 Feb 2004 01:27:05 GMT

1. Accessing an audio CD. I need to get the lengths of Audio Tracks on a CD in Min/Sec

2. PR-Tracker v2.03 -- Tracks problem reports, bugs, defects

3. PR-Tracker -- Tracks problem reports, bugs, defects

4. PR-Tracker -- Tracks problem reports, bugs, defects

5. PR-Tracker v2.03 -- TRacks problem reports, bugs, defects

6. PR-Tracker v2.03 -- Tracks problem reports, bugs, defects

7. PR-Tracker -- Tracks problem reports, bugs, defects

8. datacombobox not saving all the character even though it is within length of field length

9. Paradox/BDE Transaction tracking problem, deadly embrace?

10. Help! Transaction tracking problem

11. Special character/language driver problems in BDE 4.nn and later

12. DOS's GetEnv returned string length problem