*.exe help !!!! PLEASE HELP ME
Author Message
 *.exe help !!!! PLEASE HELP ME

Hi... i made a program that would play midi files , it works fine in my TPX
directory.

but when i copy the program to another directory it gives me a run time
error when i run it.

why will my program only work in my TPX directory ??
how can i make it work in any directory ??

Joel

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 *.exe help !!!! PLEASE HELP ME
   _What_ runtime error?  (We can't read minds, you know...)
Quote:
> Hi... i made a program that would play midi files , it works fine in my TPX
> directory.
> but when i copy the program to another directory it gives me a run time
> error when i run it.
> why will my program only work in my TPX directory ??
> how can i make it work in any directory ??

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 *.exe help !!!! PLEASE HELP ME
Does it use .BGI drivers???  If so, you must include the BGI in the
directory you want to run the program from ...

Does it use external files ?? If so, are they all there ????

Telemachos

Quote:

>Hi... i made a program that would play midi files , it works fine in my TPX
>directory.

>but when i copy the program to another directory it gives me a run time
>error when i run it.

>why will my program only work in my TPX directory ??
>how can i make it work in any directory ??

>Joel

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 *.exe help !!!! PLEASE HELP ME

Quote:
>Hi... i made a program that would play midi files , it works fine in my TPX

Hi!

Could you send that program to me? (but in Pascal format)
please! If toy will, then I'll send something for you if you want, ok? :))))

GAD

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 *.exe help !!!! PLEASE HELP ME

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 *.exe help !!!! PLEASE HELP ME
In comp.lang.pascal.borland, Joel uttered:

Quote:

>>>Hi... i made a program that would play midi files , it works fine in my
>TPX
>>>directory.

>>>but when i copy the program to another directory it gives me a run time
>>>error when i run it.

>>>why will my program only work in my TPX directory ??
>>>how can i make it work in any directory ??

>[ A UUEncoded file (Mymidi2.pas) was included here. ]

Please do *not* include binary files. Copy and paste relevant code or
insert it into the message.

Quote:
>InitGraph(Gd, Gm, ' ');

Here's your first problem. The InitGraph procedure is looking to find
your .BGI files in the *same* directory as your program.

Your remaining code does not have any CloseGraph procedure to return to
Text Mode. Some computers/graphics cards will return to text mode on
program exit but a lot won't so I suggest you add CloseGraph before you
exit your program.

--
Pedt Scragg

No-one is completely useless, they can always be a bad example.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. HELP ! HELP PLEASE IN COMPILE TO EXE FILE

2. PLEASE HELP: decompiling exe -> pas

3. Parameter passing to othetr EXE file, please help...

4. programming help **please help me** its not hard

5. Help with c:/con/con HELP!!! PLEASE

6. Please Help Help ....D4 and Oracle 8.04

7. Need help with Hailstone Sequence program please Help

8. need help on prcedures (please help)

9. I need help fixing this CASE Select code, please help

10. HELP, Please help. Delphi and TAPI

11. HELP!! Please help beginner w/ easy lab project

12. HELP!!! please help with program