FPC, TMT, and memory usage.
Author Message
 FPC, TMT, and memory usage.

Ok, I know that Dos 6.22 can't use more than 64 Megs of memory, but what
about FPC Pascal, and TMT Pascal? Can they use say, 128 Megs of ram if I
have it? TIA :-)

--
Patrick D. Rockwell

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 FPC, TMT, and memory usage.

Quote:

> Ok, I know that Dos 6.22 can't use more than 64 Megs of memory, but what
> about FPC pascal, and TMT Pascal? Can they use say, 128 Megs of ram if I
> have it? TIA :-)

FPC is limited by the maximum amount the dpmi server can give it. I
don't know what this maximum is, but it could very well be 64MB.

Jonas

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 FPC, TMT, and memory usage.

Quote:

> > > Ok, I know that Dos 6.22 can't use more than 64 Megs of memory, but what
> > > about FPC pascal, and TMT Pascal? Can they use say, 128 Megs of ram if I
> > > have it? TIA :-)

> > FPC is limited by the maximum amount the dpmi server can give it. I
> > don't know what this maximum is, but it could very well be 64MB.

> Yes and no, you are right, but only for the dos (Go32V2) version which
> uses DPMI. The win32 compiler doesn't have such limits, and is only
> limited by the same things all Windows applications are.

> Same for the Linux version, it can definitely use >64 MB I don't know
> about the OS/2 version

What about TMT pascal?

--
Patrick D. Rockwell

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. fpc vs tmt&tp

2. Details of TTable memory usage, Please!

3. Reducing Memory Usage

4. Dynamic memory usage

5. Memory Usage Differences (Delphi I vs BP OWL)

6. Delphi, Interbase and memory usage

7. memory mapping (TMT-pascal)

8. FPC Win32 memory mapped files for IPC

9. FPC - wasted memory...

10. FPC - wasted memory - solution ?

11. FPC Win32 memory mapped files for IPC

12. FPC: ^longint type, memory question