? IDE in Windows DOS Box (IDLE problem)
Author Message
 ? IDE in Windows DOS Box (IDLE problem)

    Hi,

    Does anyone know of a successful work-around for the problem of the
NTVDM using 100% CPU when using the Borland IDEs in a Windows [XP] DOS box?

    DosIdle does not work, it has no effect since the NTVDM already does the
same thing that DosIdle does.  If I leave the IDE alone for a couple of
seconds, CPU usage [for the IDE] drops to 0%, but then as soon as I press a
single key in the IDE it jumps to 100% again.

    EDIT.COM, the Microsoft editor (text IDE) does not have this problem,
it's only in the older IDEs like Borland Pascal, Turbo Pascal, Borland C++,
Turbo C++, etc.

    Any solutions?

--
Alec

.

Tue, 29 Nov 2005 00:58:00 GMT
 ? IDE in Windows DOS Box (IDLE problem)

Quote:

>     Does anyone know of a successful work-around for the problem of the
> NTVDM using 100% CPU when using the Borland IDEs in a Windows [XP] DOS box?

Have a look at:
http://groups.google.de/groups?hl=de&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=3C9DD41F.C78E9...

Wolf

Fri, 02 Dec 2005 05:29:34 GMT

1. BP7/DOS in Win95 DOS Box - IOResult problems

2. Need help: Running BP7 DOS IDE under windows

3. Printing inside Windows DOS box

4. Detecting Windows from a dos box...

5. Detecting Windows DOS box

6. TSRs in a Windows DOS-BOX

7. Problems with the Dos - IDE for Free Pascal

8. Turbo Pascal 7 IDE Problem in Windows

9. Printing problem in DOS-box in Win 3.1

10. BGI with NT problem: DOS box FROZEN

11. Mouse problem with TP7 in DOS-Box of WinNT4

12. Timer in DOS, running in a DOS-Box of Win95