how do u make something like this ?
Author Message
 how do u make something like this ?

I've seen programs like seagate diagnostics, partition magic 5 etc
having some special program that automaticly boots, now i wonder how
do they do this ? suppose i've got already the program created that i
want to start, how do i get it to start and do i have to make that
program on a special way ?
ow yeah and i don't mean putting it in the autoexec.bat ;)

something similar like the nt bootloader , it automaticly starts
ntdlr.exe, how can i do something like this ? please help tnx

Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:53:50 GMT
 how do u make something like this ?

Quote:
> I've seen programs like seagate diagnostics, partition magic 5 etc
> having some special program that automaticly boots, now i wonder how
> do they do this ? suppose i've got already the program created that i
> want to start, how do i get it to start and do i have to make that
> program on a special way ?
> ow yeah and i don't mean putting it in the autoexec.bat ;)

> something similar like the nt bootloader , it automaticly starts
> ntdlr.exe, how can i do something like this ? please help tnx

Why dont you want to use the AUTOEXEC.BAT trick? Just copy your old
files to AUTOEXEC.XXY and CONFIG.XXY, write your own ones. The program
itself will copy the files back to their old state immediately after
run and restart the computer if done:

asm
   xor ax, ax
   mov ds, ax
   mov ax, 1234h
   mov [0472h], ax
   jmp 0F000h:0FFF0h
end;

(you can leave out everything except the last line if you want a cold
boot, ie with memory check).

--
Rudolf Polzer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 how do u make something like this ?
don't know about seagate diagnostics but other programs like bootmanager
and ntloader
write to the boot record on the disk partition which is where the bios
looks for bootstrap
code. You need Knowledge of how partitions are structured how drives are
addressed
(for calling other programs) assembly would be necessary though you
probably can do it
 in c. There are places on the net to find this stuff you could try looking
at the code for lilo
(linux loader for intel machines).

Bevyn

Quote:
> I've seen programs like seagate diagnostics, partition magic 5 etc
> having some special program that automaticly boots, now i wonder how
> do they do this ? suppose i've got already the program created that i
> want to start, how do i get it to start and do i have to make that
> program on a special way ?
> ow yeah and i don't mean putting it in the autoexec.bat ;)

> something similar like the nt bootloader , it automaticly starts
> ntdlr.exe, how can i do something like this ? please help tnx

Mon, 24 Mar 2003 12:00:00 GMT

1. TStringList - I'm doing something wrong here - HELP

2. What to do if you liked TCursors???

3. Critical bug in TDataSet or am I doing something wrong?

4. Is there Something like TIBEventAlerter for SQLServer?

5. Obviously overlooking something?

6. Problem with AutoCalcFields property and something else

7. Implementing something like QrCompositeReport?

8. oops something went wrong with my project..............

9. Is there something like MSDN from Borland?

10. Long queries and progress or SOMETHING...Geezzzzz...Can SOMEONE help me out here

11. Something about triggers.....

12. Anyone know of something like a DBLookupGrid?