TP6 and "STROKED FONTS"
Author Message
 TP6 and "STROKED FONTS"

Hi all!

It seems I am wither loosing my mind, or the scailable functions of
stroked fonts in tp6 are buggy?

I think I have tried just about everything.  Here goes.

1.       Got my graphics display up, and colours and pretty lines done

2.      Tried stealing this code from the online help, and adding it
to my routine, to seeif I was atleaset getting the font.

        SetTextStyle(TriplexFONT, Horizdir, 4);
        OutText('Norm');
        SetUserCharSize(1, 3, 1, 2);
        OutText('Short');
        SetUserCharSize(3, 1, 1, 1);
        OutText('Wide');

3.      All to no avial.... Maybe I have had some file corruption, and
hadn't noticed?

 Are there any support files needed other EGAVGA.BGI for using fonts
in the 640x480x16 graphics mode?

Am I totly Stuffed, and should go out right now and purchase TP7?

BTW:  I remember there was some sample code that comes with tp6 that
demonstrates the stroked fonts, and it does scale them, but it seems I
haven't got a clue where this code is now.

Please help me!   Its expensive surfing the net only to find that the
code I do find is for TP7!!!!

Cya

Ian S.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TP6 and "STROKED FONTS"

Quote:

>Hi all!

>It seems I am wither loosing my mind, or the scailable functions of
>stroked fonts in tp6 are buggy?

>I think I have tried just about everything.  Here goes.
>Please help me!   Its expensive surfing the net only to find that the
>code I do find is for TP7!!!!

[snip]

I don't think there has been any change in this since version 4.0.  You
may have forgotten to register the font, or the registration failed, so
things are just defaulting to the system font.

Check the online help for RegisterBGIfont

                      ...red

Knowledge is one of the few things that you
can give away and still keep for yourself.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TP6 and "STROKED FONTS"

[SNIP]

Quote:
>I don't think there has been any change in this since version 4.0.  You
>may have forgotten to register the font, or the registration failed, so
>things are just defaulting to the system font.

Dead on right! But it turned out to be a lack of chr files that was
causing the default to system font.

Quote:
>Check the online help for RegisterBGIfont
>                      ...red
>Knowledge is one of the few things that you
>can give away and still keep for yourself.

Also true! But as a computer technician, and thus a master of
paranoia, sharing information causes redundency.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. The keys "-"/"+"/"*"

2. TP6/Win95 "bug" found

3. ""256 Color Mouse""

4. BGI Stroked Font

5. Stroked Fonts

6. Creating your own stroked fonts.

7. What are "Denormals" and "Nans"

8. Utility to convert "asm" to "inline( )"

9. "delete from" followed by "insert into" = AV

10. "Replace Connection", "Unable to connect to: PARADOX".

11. HELP!!: "Multiple net files","Lock file has grown too large"

12. A problem in creating equal sized "packets" from a set of "packages".