Detecting dial tone on modem
Author Message
 Detecting dial tone on modem

How difficult would it be to write a TP7 program to detect a dial tone
on a shared modem line?  We'd like to be able to halt a batch file if
the phone line is not yet open, before running some rudimentary credit
card order upload software.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Detecting dial tone on modem

Quote:

>How difficult would it be to write a TP7 program to detect a dial tone
>on a shared modem line?  We'd like to be able to halt a batch file if
>the phone line is not yet open, before running some rudimentary credit
>card order upload software.

Check you modem documentation on the    'X'     register.
Most modems are inteligent enough to telll you what the dialtone
status is, and they can be told to return a 'NO DIALTONE' Message.

ATX0  -  Disable all line checking
ATX4  -  Checks for dialtone, and some other stuff.

You will look for the NO DIALTONE message the same way as you detect
the CONNECT ????? String.

Cya L8r

Ian S.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Detecting a dial tone with a modem

2. modem dial up connection

3. Dialing with a modem

4. Modem Dialing

5. Modem hangup and carrier detect

6. Detect is modem is busy..

7. unit to sound tones from soundblaster

8. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 12258

9. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 12260

10. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 12283

11. Q: How to make a modem dial? How to communicate?

12. ANYONE HAVE A MODEM CONTROL (DIALING) CODE FOR PASCAL?