can you recommend a good book?
Author Message
 can you recommend a good book?

can anyone recommend any books for getting started with TP7. I am
currently doing C++ but have to make a start with Pascal and need
something that goes right from the begining.

Thanks in advance.
Darren Povey

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 can you recommend a good book?

Quote:

>can anyone recommend any books for getting started with TP7. I am
>currently doing C++ but have to make a start with Pascal and need
>something that goes right from the begining.

I liked "Complete Turbo Pascal" by Jeff Dunteman, and
"Programming in Pascal" by Gorgono.  Again, I don't know if they
are in print, or if they cover version 7.

Jud McCranie

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 can you recommend a good book?

Quote:

>can anyone recommend any books for getting started with TP7. I am
>currently doing C++ but have to make a start with Pascal and need
>something that goes right from the begining.

The book by Tom Swan seems to be the most popular, but it may be
out of print.

Jud McCranie

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 can you recommend a good book?

Quote:
>can anyone recommend any books for getting started with TP7. I am
>currently doing C++ but have to make a start with Pascal and need
>something that goes right from the begining.

>Thanks in advance.
>Darren Povey

I like 'Object Orientated Programming with Borland Pascl 7' by Namir Clement
Shammas. Its listed as a intermediate to advanced programming book. It takes
one through the basics of OOP. Has some good stuff in it like generic objects,
pseudo-private objects and more. Covers OOP well but not to much on beginners
Pascal.

James

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 can you recommend a good book?
Yet another suggestion,

I learnd a lot from "Turbo Pascal 7, the Complete Reference" by Stephen K.
O'Brien & Steve Nameroff. (Osbourne McGraw-Hill). 800 pages. Covers TP7, TP
for Win1.5, and BP.
It was frequently used as a look-up source too.

-ThomasN

: can anyone recommend any books for getting started with TP7. I am
: currently doing C++ but have to make a start with Pascal and need
: something that goes right from the begining.
:
: Thanks in advance.
: Darren Povey

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 can you recommend a good book?
Thanks for your suggestions, they are appreciated.

Darren

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Can anyone recommend a good book

2. Delphi 2 - Any good books to recommend ?

3. - Recommending good Pascal book

4. Find the Best prices on Delphi Books - Searches 40+ Book sites for the best price

5. tp7.0: please recommend relevant books

6. Recommended books for a learning Pascal

7. Recommended Books?

8. Please recommend me a book on Pascal.

9. Can anyone recommend books for TPW?

10. Recommended books to develop in Delphi

11. recommended books for turbo pascal

12. Recommended books to develop in Delphi