Borland Pascal 64k Limit FAQ
Author Message
 Borland Pascal 64k Limit FAQ

Quote:

> :  PG>  However both ar 16-bit systems which manifests in a 64kB limit
> :  PG> for a single variable and a single code segment.

> :  Shorely you can split up your global segments into units?

> Splitting the program into units does not help overcome the
> 64 k Limit for variables. It seems to be time to repeat my

> Borland Pascal 64k Limit FAQ
> ----------------------------

> Q: Can a program written in Borland Pascal use (static) variables

[snip]

Quote:
> Q: Why is Borland Pascal not a 32-bit compiler?
> A: It's too old. Please tell Borland that you want a new version.

Yes, but will they listen? An attempt was once made to petition them to
update BP/TP for
Dos, but they never did. I wonder if another petition will work for a
Dos 32 bit compiler for BP/TP.

Quote:

> Q: What is non-static memory?
> A: For example Heap, XMS, EMS, ...
>    Heap is directly accessible, XMS needs a driver (himem.sys),

[snip]

Quote:

Don't forget TMT pascal at http://www.*-*-*.com/

--
Patrick D. Rockwell

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. 64K limit (was: Borland Pascal 8.0)

2. rehash - the 64k limit problem

3. override 64k mem limit???

4. 64K Data Size Limits and CTE 49 {Data Segment}

5. 64k Data segment limit

6. 64k variable limit.

7. 64K Limit

8. 64K limit for blobs with Apollo

9. 64k array limit?

10. Scrolling in TTerminal and 64K limit

11. Scrolling in TTerminal and 64K limit

12. faqclpb.zip comp.lang.pascal.borland mini FAQ