"Too many varibles" error.
Author Message
 "Too many varibles" error.

I have 4 word like varibles, and 6 arrays like.
Then trying to go as light as possible and this is what I get:

"Error 96: Too many variables."

Is there any way to get around that? This is really getting fustrating.
Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:33:21 GMT
 "Too many varibles" error.

Quote:
> I have 4 word like varibles, and 6 arrays like.
> Then trying to go as light as possible and this is what I get:

> "Error 96: Too many variables."

> Is there any way to get around that? This is really getting fustrating.

Try allocating memory by New(variable). Some like that:

 type arr = array[0..50000] of byte;
 var a :^arr;

or use Free Pascal Compiler.

--
greetings

 ukasz Nowicki

 Queen, Taekwondo, Pascal, Lyrics
 http://www.jagoda.kki.pl/
 want to see some action? www.jagoda.kki.pl/luke.mpg

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 "Too many varibles" error.

Quote:

> I have 4 word like varibles, and 6 arrays like.
> Then trying to go as light as possible and this is what I get:

> "Error 96: Too many variables."

Online help says:
----
Compiler error 96: Too many variables

Global

The total size of the global variables declared within a program or unit
cannot exceed 64K.

Local

The total size of the local variables declared within a procedure or
function cannot exceed 64K.
----

So it sounds as if your array variables are too big; try declaring them on
the heap instead.

Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:50:33 GMT
 "Too many varibles" error.

Quote:

>I have 4 word like varibles, and 6 arrays like.
>Then trying to go as light as possible and this is what I get:

>"Error 96: Too many variables."

>Is there any way to get around that? This is really getting fustrating.
>Thanks.

1. Trim down the amount of  variables used.
2. Declare variables on the heap (does this help? Is this pure data size, or
  a limitation in TP's symbol tables? For every var on the heap, you still
  have to store the pointer)
3. (imho best solution) use a 32-bit compiler with less limitations, like
FPC (www.freepascal.org)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 "Too many varibles" error.
it will be easier ,if you post you whole program

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. The keys "-"/"+"/"*"

2. "Syntax Error in expression" strange error

3. ""256 Color Mouse""

4. "Error Creating Cursor Handle"

5. "File is Locked" error message

6. "Directory Busy" BDE error

7. "Missing comma" error with SQL statement

8. BDE Setup Error "Object Not Found"

9. "I/O error in FILEIO.DLL"

10. "Index is out of date" error

11. "Invalid Char in Field" error