How do I find out the default status of all the switches? (draft)
Author Message
 How do I find out the default status of all the switches? (draft)

134. *****
 Q: How do I find out the default status of all the switches?

 A: The compiler directives can be pasted by pressing Ctrl-O O. This
is one of the less known, useful features of the Turbo Pascal's
editor. (You'll find all the editor key combinations in Turbo Pascal
version 7.0 Programmer's Reference, Appendix A, Editor reference.)
When you press Ctrl-O O you'll get something like
  {$A+,B-,D-,E-,F-,G-,I-,L-,N-,O-,P-,Q-,R-,S+,T-,V+,X+}
  {$M 16384,0,655360}
If you wish to know what each means, move the cursor on the relevant
directive and press Ctrl-F1. Unfortunately, you'll have to lead each
directive is $ if you wish to use Turbo Pascal's online help to get
the meanings this way.

   All the best, Timo

P.S. My thanks to John and Osmo for their useful comments for the
previous item, which I have integrated.

Moderating at ftp:// & http://www.*-*-*.com/

Spam foiling in effect.  My email filter autoresponder will return a
required email password to users not yet in the privileges database.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How do I find out the default status of all the switches? (draft)

Quote:
>134. *****
> Q: How do I find out the default status of all the switches?

> A: The compiler directives can be pasted by pressing Ctrl-O O. This
>is one of the less known, useful features of the Turbo Pascal's
>editor. (You'll find all the editor key combinations in Turbo Pascal
>version 7.0 Programmer's Reference, Appendix A, Editor reference.)
>When you press Ctrl-O O you'll get something like
>  {$A+,B-,D-,E-,F-,G-,I-,L-,N-,O-,P-,Q-,R-,S+,T-,V+,X+}
>  {$M 16384,0,655360}

Note that "default" may mean different things to different people at
different times.

This is not really an abolute "default" status, but it is the actual
setting which reflects the permanent settings of the TURBO.TP
currently used.

The true "factory default" is available if you temporarily delete any
TURBO.TP from the current directory and from the TURBO directory.
These settings equal the settings of TPC.EXE run without explicit
switches in TPC.CFG.

Unfortunately there is no tool (like BC++ prjcfg.exe) which would
synchronize the switches set in TURBO.TP and TPC.CFG.

Regards
Horst

 *** Las orillas del Nahuel Huapi ***

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How do I find out the default status of all the switches? (draft)

Quote:
>134. *****
> Q: How do I find out the default status of all the switches?

<PEDANT> Is the default what ^OO gives currently, or is the default what
it gives on a {*filter*} copy of the IDE, as delivered by Borland?  Possibly
"... the settings of ...", "... the current status of ..."? </PEDANT>

And, from the subject line, I didn't understand - I thought "motherboard
switches? - no", "keyboard switches? - ??", ...   I suggest "... all the
compiler switches".

Quote:
>If you wish to know what each means, move the cursor on the relevant
>directive and press Ctrl-F1.

This is a case where it is better to press Shift-F1, IMHO.

And, in general, Ctrl-F1 is useful if one already has the word visible,
bur I prefer Shift-F1 <type word> to <type word> Ctrl-F1 unless one
needs to insert <word>.

HTH

--

  Web <URL: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ; - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links.
  Correct 4-line sig. separator is as above, a line precisely "-- " (SoRFC1036)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Default Values through Sequences, How is it done?

2. Finding out about the status of a control

3. Locate/ Find Next without switching indexes

4. Doing a find on a query - Delphi 1

5. Doing a find on a query - Delphi 1

6. toggle switch-convert uppercase to lowercase by a toggle switch

7. how to make multiple read outs - help

8. how do you make multiple read outs?

9. Table jumps outs edit mode newby

10. ReportSmith 3.0 Printing in draft mode on 132 col printers and other funnies

11. HP Pasacal and HP ME 10 drafting system problem

12. Just for the record (draft)