I need to play a sound using a SB16
Author Message
 I need to play a sound using a SB16

Can anybody help me ? I need a program that can play any sound file
(Wav, Raw, Voc etc.) using a Soundblaster (Soundblaster 16/ PRO etc.)
Can one of you give me an example of how this is done ?
(A working example NOT half a program).

Thanks,
          Morten.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 I need to play a sound using a SB16

Try searching for Ethan Brodsky's home page there is lots of Pascal
SOund programming stuff on it. I do no think you could write a single
piec of code that could interpret all possible sound formats. Myabe Wav
and voc because those are virually the same thign except for the header,
but there  are alot of others out there.

Quote:

> Can anybody help me ? I need a program that can play any sound file
> (Wav, Raw, Voc etc.) using a Soundblaster (Soundblaster 16/ PRO etc.)
> Can one of you give me an example of how this is done ?
> (A working example NOT half a program).

> Thanks,
>           Morten.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 I need to play a sound using a SB16

On Wed, 06 Nov 1996 22:48:56 +0100, Morten Andersen

Quote:

>Can anybody help me ? I need a program that can play any sound file
>(Wav, Raw, Voc etc.) using a Soundblaster (Soundblaster 16/ PRO etc.)
>Can one of you give me an example of how this is done ?
>(A working example NOT half a program).

>Thanks,
>          Morten.

I have the same problem. I have found many sources for this but none
(!) worked. Some couldn't read WAV files, other used the internal
speaker, to my surprise. Anyway, I never found a working one, and I
did check SWAG and the other obvious sources. So, if anyone can help
me out, I would be very, very, grateful.

Peter de Jong

PS: BP7.0 in realmode. WAV's in background, bigger than 64Kb, INT 10.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Random sounds to SB16 using Windows MM API

2. I need play sounds

3. Need TP-sources 2 play WAVs through Sound Blaster

4. Playing 16 bit stereo sound trought sound card

5. Playing 16 bit stereo sound trought sound card

6. Play Wave file with my SB16

7. Need .wav-play which uses xms and plays the sound in Background.

8. how programming ? output sound by SB16

9. Getting the SB16 incoming sounds?

10. redirect sound to sb16 speakers?

11. play sound file in BP

12. Help neede with playing sound files.