TP7 Graph unit, conflicts with windows XP ?
Author Message
 TP7 Graph unit, conflicts with windows XP ?

Greetings,

  I've got a hobby program I've been working on for several years now,
its a game program and so it uses a Graphic screen.
My problem is that I recently upgraded my Comp to a Windows XP machine,
and my program crashes it seems, whenever I use the bar function.
sometimes it crashes the whole comp.
  has anyone else noticed similar difficulties?

I have a nagging idea, that it has to do with the values I'm passing
for the upper left  x and y, and lower right x and y, in that function,
and how windows xp is handling them, but not sure..

the program can be found at:
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~bcasey/starfall.html

Thanks for your thoughts..
BC

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 08:43:08 GMT
 TP7 Graph unit, conflicts with windows XP ?
I haven't seen this problem before, but what version of windows did you have
before? 98? because XP is basically WinNT and the way NT/2000/XP handles DOS
is far different, because it's not actually DOS, it's just an emulation,
whereas 98/95/Me it is actually a DOS Shell and windows let's it pretty much
do what it wants (except memory and some graphics etc..), however, you may
need to write your own Bar procedure, or maybe stop using the graph unit,
there are any good graphic units out there that are far faster, what screen
mode are you using?

Quote:
> Greetings,

>   I've got a hobby program I've been working on for several years now,
> its a game program and so it uses a Graphic screen.
> My problem is that I recently upgraded my Comp to a Windows XP machine,
> and my program crashes it seems, whenever I use the bar function.
> sometimes it crashes the whole comp.
>   has anyone else noticed similar difficulties?

> I have a nagging idea, that it has to do with the values I'm passing
> for the upper left  x and y, and lower right x and y, in that function,
> and how windows xp is handling them, but not sure..

> the program can be found at:
> http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bcasey/starfall.html

> Thanks for your thoughts..
> BC

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 14:00:08 GMT
 TP7 Graph unit, conflicts with windows XP ?

Quote:

> I haven't seen this problem before, but what version of windows did you have
> before? 98? because XP is basically WinNT and the way NT/2000/XP handles DOS
> is far different, because it's not actually DOS, it's just an emulation,
> whereas 98/95/Me it is actually a DOS Shell and windows let's it pretty much
> do what it wants (except memory and some graphics etc..), however, you may
> need to write your own Bar procedure, or maybe stop using the graph unit,
> there are any good graphic units out there that are far faster, what screen
> mode are you using?

I think that won't help much, because M$ f***** up the DOS Box under NT/W2K/XP!

It's very worse!

Greetings

Markus

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 17:24:21 GMT
 TP7 Graph unit, conflicts with windows XP ?

well, looks like you'll have to get a replacement graph unit, i've had
graphics working (320x200x256 ie mode 13h) fine with W2Kpro.

Quote:
> I think that won't help much, because M$ f***** up the DOS Box under
NT/W2K/XP!

> It's very worse!

> Greetings

> Markus

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 08:15:09 GMT
 TP7 Graph unit, conflicts with windows XP ?

Quote:

> well, looks like you'll have to get a replacement graph unit, i've had
> graphics working (320x200x256 ie mode 13h) fine with W2Kpro.

I don't call that graphics, I call that Lego.

Femme

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 07:39:33 GMT

1. Unit graph and Windows NT 4.0

2. Graph unit for Windows

3. Delphi Access BDE driver and Windows Office XP/2000 with Windows XP or Windows 2000 ??

4. problem with the graph unit-graph.tpu

5. TP7: Graphical mode apps under win xp

6. Printer unit conflict on P450 with Voodoo2

7. Compatability of IDAPI and Windows NT/2000/XP...

8. Pascal Exec command in Windows XP Environment

9. Windows XP Turbo Pascal PIF Problem

10. VESA driver for Windows XP

11. BP and TP under Windows XP

12. Free pascal & Windows XP