Establish Dial-Up connection in WIN95/98 from TP
Author Message
 Establish Dial-Up connection in WIN95/98 from TP

   Good afternoon!

Is it possible to let win95/98 establish a dial-up connection to an Internet
service Provider from a Pascal program running under windows?

I need this because my program has to upload some data to a server every
hour. Leaving the connection open for a day is a bit too expensive...

Thanks again,

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Establish Dial-Up connection in WIN95/98 from TP
Hi Sky,
  Want you want to do may be possible but I think their may be an easier way.
When I had to set up file transfers for a client who was running my TP7.0
programs I used Kermit. Kermit is available in a Windows version (I don't know
exactly what the latest release is), and it is free. You can write script files
to connect with a server, log on, transfer the files, log off and then hang up.

  Use Win98 Task Scheduler to run Kermit on whatever schedule you need.

Check out  The Kermit Project at Columbia University.
http://www.kermit-project.org/

Val M.

Quote:

>    Good afternoon!

> Is it possible to let win95/98 establish a dial-up connection to an Internet
> service Provider from a Pascal program running under windows?

> I need this because my program has to upload some data to a server every
> hour. Leaving the connection open for a day is a bit too expensive...

> Thanks again,

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Establish Dial-Up connection in WIN95/98 from TP
Hi,
  I tried to send you a Windows version of Kermit but the e-mail got bounced
back. Any idea why?

Val M.

Quote:

>    Good afternoon!

> Is it possible to let win95/98 establish a dial-up connection to an Internet
> service Provider from a Pascal program running under windows?

> I need this because my program has to upload some data to a server every
> hour. Leaving the connection open for a day is a bit too expensive...

> Thanks again,

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Establishing Dialup Connection

2. extend borland pascal to long filenames and use of win95/98/me/xp filedialogs

3. Rotate/Flip a Metafile [Win95/98] ?

4. Win95/98 and D3-Paradox

5. Win95/98 checking and reporting

6. Win95/98 checking and reporting

7. Turbo Pascal 1.5 with Win95/98

8. Turbo Pascal 1.5 with Win95/98

9. Telling if a Winsock connection is established

10. Running TP 7.0 in Windows 98

11. TP 5.5 and WIN 98 ?

12. problems with TP 7.0 for DOS under Win 98 - TURBO.TPL needed