calling Turbo Pascal functions from Borland C++ builder
Author Message
 calling Turbo Pascal functions from Borland C++ builder

Hi All,
    I've been trying to reuse some old code (almost 60000 lines worth) that
was developed in Turbo Pascal.  I am trying to add these files to a Borland
C++ Builder project.  So far I have been able to add the files to the
project andget the project to compile, but I can't seem to find out how to
call the functions from within C++ builder.  Can anyone help me with some
instructions on how to do this?  I am new at using Builder so if you can
help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Jay McVinney

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 calling Turbo Pascal functions from Borland C++ builder

Quote:

> Hi All,
>     I've been trying to reuse some old code (almost 60000 lines worth) that
> was developed in Turbo Pascal.  I am trying to add these files to a Borland
> C++ Builder project.  So far I have been able to add the files to the
> project andget the project to compile, but I can't seem to find out how to
> call the functions from within C++ builder.  Can anyone help me with some
> instructions on how to do this?  I am new at using Builder so if you can
> help it would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks in advance,
>     Jay McVinney

  Hi Mr McVinney,
I am not mailing because I have a well defined answer for your problem, but in
order to get some useful information from you about a similar problem. I am a
German 4th year mechanical engineering student in Newcastle upon Tyne (Great
Britain) and my this year's project includes the transferring of an engine
simulator program into C++ in order to be optimised by an genetic algorithm.

I am using a Borland Pascal 7 Compiler and a C++ 4.5 Compiler, both for Win
3.1 . What I did so far is to rewrite my Pascal program so that it now
consists out of  a DLL and a calling program which runs the procedures within
the DLL. The actual problem is that I now try to run the DLL from a calling
program in C++ because the data is to be optimised by the genetic algorithm
which runs under C++. Since I recently started programming in C++ my knowledge
about it is very little and I would be greatly appreciated if you could e-mail
me any useful information about what you did which might help to solve my
problem.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel Noeh

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Incorporating Borland C++ 3.1 functions into Borland Pascal 7

2. please teach me about Borland C++ Builder

3. Borland C++ Builder NG's?

4. See the Desktop Icons while using Borland C++ Builder

5. Using Borland C++ Builder 4.0 in DOS???

6. FS: Borland C++ Builder

7. C++ Builder - Which Version (Borland marketing please read)

8. Borland C++ Builder is comming to Dallas

9. Reading Borland C++ Records in Turbo Pascal 7.0

10. Calling C functions from Turbo Pascal?

11. How to Call TP-functions from C++ ?

12. C++ Builder versus MS Visual C++