Turbo Pascal for Win 1.5 question
Author Message
 Turbo Pascal for Win 1.5 question

Does anyone know if applications wrote in TPW ver 1.5 can be compilied
and ran in Delphi?  I want to move my win 3.1 program in Pascal to a
32bit pascal for windows.

Thanks
  Nick Widboom

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Turbo Pascal for Win 1.5 question

: Does anyone know if applications wrote in TPW ver 1.5 can be compilied
: and ran in Delphi?

Yes, but it won't be easy. You will need to convert all your dialogs to
Delphi forms, and you will not be able to use OWL at all (at least not under
32-bit Delphi), so you will have to rewrite a lot of your code to use the
Delphi VCL instead. The two (OWL and VCL) are not compatible at all, so if
your application is a big one, you will have a major rewrite on your hands.

Best regards, The Chief
--------
Dr. A{*filter*}la A. Olowofoyeku (The African Chief)

Author of: Chief's Installer Pro 4.01 for Win16 and Win32:
  Winner of PC PLUS Magazine Gold Award (April 1995 U.K. edition)
  http://www.*-*-*.com/
  http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. A question about Turbo Pascal 1.5 for Win

2. Ebay: Turbo Pascal 1.5 WIN

3. FS: Turbo Pascal 1.5 Win

4. Converting Turbo Pascal 3.0 Toolbox Sort Program to WIN 1.5

5. Turbo Pascal 1.5 & win 95

6. TURBO PASCAL 1.5 of win wanted

7. Turbo Pascal ver 1.5 with Debugger with Win 95

8. Turbo Pascal 1.5 or 7.0 under Win 95?

9. Turbo Pascal (Win) 1.5 + BP 7.0

10. VBX in Delphi DLL called from Turbo Pascal Win 1.5

11. Questions: CRT of Turbo Pascal for Windows 1.5

12. turbo Pascal 1.5 for windows + workshop question