real flat mode????
Author Message
 real flat mode????

Is it possible to work in flat memory mode from within Borland Pascal?
And if it is, could someone please give some hints on that metter,since I
wasn't able to find any info about it...

Thanx,
Ivan

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 real flat mode????
In article

Quote:
> Is it possible to work in flat memory mode from within Borland Pascal?
> And if it is, could someone please give some hints on that
> metter,since I wasn't able to find any info about it...

Yes!

http://gdsoft.com/swag/downloads.html

Download as a minimum the reader & "memory.swg". In the latter you will
find two examples, one by Harry Marx, the other by Herman Dullink.

There are many other files around. Try searching for bigreal/unreal/flat
etc.

HTH,

Robert
--
Robert AH Prins

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 real flat mode????

Quote:

> Is it possible to work in flat

memory mode from within Borland
Pascal?
Quote:
> And if it is, could someone please

give some hints on that metter,since
> wasn't able to find any info about

it...

Aha, that's possible. Try out my
example... It's at
http://www.chat.ru/~alexfru , at the
"Programming" area - "4GB.ZIP".

Good Luck
Alexei A. Frounze

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 real flat mode????

Quote:

> > Is it possible to work in flat
> memory mode from within Borland
> Pascal?
> > And if it is, could someone please
> give some hints on that metter,since
> > wasn't able to find any info about
> it...

> Aha, that's possible. Try out my
> example... It's at
> http://www.chat.ru/~alexfru , at the
> "Programming" area - "4GB.ZIP".

> Good Luck
> Alexei A. Frounze

Alexei,

I'm having a lot of trouble reaching your site - it downloads the first
few hundred bytes, then stops.

Having frames doesn't help the situation - it is just more stuff to
transfer before the site displays on my browser.

I looked for your zip in Filez and FTPSearch - not there.

Any chance you could post the url for "4GB.ZIP" so we can download it
directly?

Thanks!

Michael R. Monett

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 real flat mode????

Quote:
>Alexei,

>I'm having a lot of trouble reaching your site - it downloads the first
>few hundred bytes, then stops.

Same problem here. It's a pity, as from Alexei's postings here and in
other newsgroups I guess it may be a very interesting site.

Manuel Algora

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 real flat mode????

Quote:

> >Alexei,

> >I'm having a lot of trouble reaching your site - it downloads the first
> >few hundred bytes, then stops.

> Same problem here. It's a pity, as from Alexei's postings here and in
> other newsgroups I guess it may be a very interesting site.

If you want I can post list of programs with short description that available at
my site. So you will have to find interesting one and ask me for mailing it. I
won't send only my 3d-engines (they are too big for sending).
I _really_ don't know why all you have problems with accessing my site. I see it
here (in Moscow/Russia) w/o any problems. Even on a different computer than
mine. I.e. it contains all the htmls and zips.

Good Luck
Alexei A. Frounze

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 real flat mode????

Quote:

> > >Alexei,

> > >I'm having a lot of trouble reaching your site - it downloads the first
> > >few hundred bytes, then stops.

> > Same problem here. It's a pity, as from Alexei's postings here and in
> > other newsgroups I guess it may be a very interesting site.

> If you want I can post list of programs with short description that available at
> my site. So you will have to find interesting one and ask me for mailing it. I
> won't send only my 3d-engines (they are too big for sending).
> I _really_ don't know why all you have problems with accessing my site. I see it
> here (in Moscow/Russia) w/o any problems. Even on a different computer than
> mine. I.e. it contains all the htmls and zips.

> Good Luck
> Alexei A. Frounze

Hi Alexei,

First, congratulations on your excellent work in 4GB.ZIP. First Class!

I was never able to get to your site, but a friend in England relayed
your program by email.

Perhaps some of the problem is the way ISP's link to the web. I have
noticed more than the usual number of problems with Sympatico, and I
doubt they are doing as good a job as other ISP's. So it's not your
fault.

However, it would be nice if you got a Geocities account and mirrored
your site in the US.

I just got one - it costs nothing, seems to work well, and the only
penalty is having to ignore an ad each time you click on a page. You get
15 megabytes of storage space. Seems like a good deal!

Best Regards,

Michael R. Monett

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 real flat mode????

Quote:

> First, congratulations on your excellent work in 4GB.ZIP. First Class!

Thanks, but that's rather simple if you know protected mode well. ;-)

Quote:
> I just got one - it costs nothing, seems to work well, and the only
> penalty is having to ignore an ad each time you click on a page. You get
> 15 megabytes of storage space. Seems like a good deal!

Yeah, I just thought that having one more mirror is a really good idea. I guess I'll
get it at the http://www.webjump.com. It's possible to get there free virtual host
with domain name like this: http://www.???.webjump.com. It's free and gets you 25 Megs
of space.

Good Luck.
Alexei A. Frounze

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 real flat mode????

[...]

Quote:
> Yeah, I just thought that having one more mirror is a really good idea. I guess I'll
> get it at the http://www.webjump.com It's possible to get there free virtual host
> with domain name like this: http://www.???.webjump.com It's free and gets you 25 Megs
> of space.

> Good Luck.
> Alexei A. Frounze

Hi Alexei,

I just checked, and it appears WebJump may not allow downloading files.
Here is a section from their FAQ:

  Unable to Download Files

  Problem:

  Cannot download files from web site with FTP client or browser.

  Solution:

  None. WebJump servers do not support file downloading.  See "WebJump
  FTP Policies" below.

  WebJump FTP Policies

  File Downloading

  Due to  security  and liability concerns, WebJump  does  not support
  file downloading  from  the WebJump FTP servers. See  our  Terms and
  Conditions page for more information.

  http://www.webjump.com/support/info_ftp.html

There are similar references on other pages.

However, you are starting to get pretty good press in other newsgroups,
and I'm sure many people would appreciate being able to reach one of your
mirror sites.

From what I've seen, I know I would!

Best Regards,

Michael R. Monett

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. VESA LFB & Flat real mode

2. Flat Real Mode

3. Real Mode Flat memory of 4 GIG????

4. FLAT mode from Virtual mode

5. tspa357c.zip Turbo Pascal 7.0 real mode units for (real:-) programmers

6. tspa3570.zip Turbo Pascal 7.0 real mode units for (real:-) programmers

7. tspa3570.zip Turbo Pascal 7.0 real mode units for (real:-) programmers

8. Protected mode VS Real mode ???

9. Real Mode from Protected Mode: Accessing an RMode TSR from PMode

10. Protected mode vs. Real mode

11. Vesa unit for all 256 and 65K color modes (protected,real mode)

12. Real mode Interrupts and pointers in Protected Mode