Runtime error under Win95 / Nt
Author Message
 Runtime error under Win95 / Nt

I have two programs, each written in the early 90's which have run fine for
many years
under DOS and Win 3.1.  They now both crash when run in a DOS window under
95 or
NT.  The problem appears to be in the file handling of 95 and NT.  The
problem occurs
when the programs are creating back up files.  The program renames an
existing file
as a back up and tries to write a new file with the original name.  The
error code being returned is someetimes a 2 and sometimes a 5 during the
WRITE instuction suggesting that DOS via 95 or NT does not think the
original file was renamed.  Any suggestions?  I am using version 5.5.
Problem occurs in two programs and both in 95 an NT 4.0.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Runtime error under Win95 / Nt

Quote:
> as a back up and tries to write a new file with the original name.  The
> error code being returned is someetimes a 2 and sometimes a 5 during the
> WRITE instuction suggesting that DOS via 95 or NT does not think the
> original file was renamed.  Any suggestions?  I am using version 5.5.
> Problem occurs in two programs and both in 95 an NT 4.0.

A '2' is file not found (if I recall correctly) and '5' is access
denied. What exactly is your program doing? The two errors, while both
associated to files, should occur under different circumstances. We'll
need more info.

--

Regards,
Jim Wilson

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. runtime errors using TPW 1.5 in Win95

2. Runtime Error 200 on High Mhz NT Machines ??????

3. Runtime error 200 when running under Windows 95 / Windows NT

4. Heap Overflow Error - runtime error 203

5. Delphi 2.0 only for Win95/Nt Apps

6. LoadLibrary works wunder NT but not win95

7. PARADOX, LAN, NT (WIN95):

8. Delphi 1/Interbase/Win95/NT Slowdown

9. Prevent the ShutDown of Win95 or NT

10. Detecting Windows/Win95/NT

11. Reading a QNX ZOS formatted file from win95/NT using Pascal

12. Software Engineering for Win95/NT with Pascal Generation