Graphical Mess Ups
Author Message
 Graphical Mess Ups

Hey,
I've created a stock control system that uses a graphical HCI,
but when I try to manipulate certain files, the top-half of the
screen scrolls up, leaving grey blocks where it once was. After
it has finished the file operation, everything seems fine, apart
from the messy screen. I would appreciate it if anyone can tell
my why this might be happening (attempting to use a non-existant
file, etc).

Thanks in advance

James

* Sent from RemarQ http://www.*-*-*.com/ The Internet's Discussion Network *

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Graphical Mess Ups

Quote:

>Hey,
>I've created a stock control system that uses a graphical HCI,
>but when I try to manipulate certain files, the top-half of the
>screen scrolls up, leaving grey blocks where it once was. After
>it has finished the file operation, everything seems fine, apart
>from the messy screen. I would appreciate it if anyone can tell
>my why this might be happening (attempting to use a non-existant
>file, etc).

Could it be that you are causing writes as text, rather than as
graphics. to the screen?  Perhaps under error circumstances only?

If you normally run the program as C:\...> prog, try C:\...> prog > nul

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Graphical Mess Ups

Quote:

> Hey,
> I've created a stock control system that uses a graphical HCI,
> but when I try to manipulate certain files, the top-half of the
> screen scrolls up, leaving grey blocks where it once was. After
> it has finished the file operation, everything seems fine, apart
> from the messy screen. I would appreciate it if anyone can tell
> my why this might be happening (attempting to use a non-existant
> file, etc).

> Thanks in advance

> James

I think you have somewhere in your source code commands like "WRITELN"
or "READLN". This commands cause a line feed, and for this reason you
have a grey bar on the screen. And the whole graphic screen moves
down.
If there is something like that in your source code
   GOTOXY(1,12);
   WRITELN(hello);
the screen will be devided by a grey bar.

I hope this helps

regards

Martin
--
 Martin Stahl

 http://www.user.uplink.de/krampus

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. New UPS System 6-8 Hours Continuous Service

2. Ups and Downs of OOP

3. Ups and Downs of OOP

4. MS SQL6.5 Lock ups

5. Local Interbase & BDE System Mess

6. Validation mess - Totally wrong track?

7. dbnavigator messes table up

8. High ASCII mess

9. Component Icons all messed up: after installing RXLib

10. Adding more indexes mess up Queryes

11. Messing with CMOS - Harold Veelenturf

12. Messing w/ the CMOS