Help! - Dynamic Libraries in Linux
Author Message
 Help! - Dynamic Libraries in Linux

I am having quite some trouble compiling my freePascal programs into
executables that uses shared libraries under linux. I don't know a lot
about how it's supposed to work but I would really appreciate it if
someone could help me here...

I've got a unit TEST.PAS and a program TT.PAS that uses test.
I compile it like this:
# ppc386 test -XD
# ppumove -e ppl -o test test.ppu syslinux.ppu
# ppc386 tt -XD
(executable is still huge here with all in one file)
# rm tt
# ld -o tt tt.o prt0.o -ltest
(okay, now i've got a tiny executable tt, but when i run it..)
# ./tt
bash: ./tt: No such file or directory
(huh??)
# ls tt -l
-rwxr-xr-x   1  root       root            5049 Apr 25 11:58 tt
# ls /usr/lib/libtest*
/usr/lib/libtest.so
# ls /lib/libtest*
/lib/libtest.so
# ls libtest*
libtest.so
#
#
# so what now...?

Please, someone, explain to me what I am doing wrong!
Thanks!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Help! - Dynamic Libraries in Linux

Quote:

> I am having quite some trouble compiling my freepascal programs into
> executables that uses shared libraries under linux. I don't know a lot
> about how it's supposed to work but I would really appreciate it if
> someone could help me here...

> I've got a unit TEST.PAS and a program TT.PAS that uses test.
> I compile it like this:
> # ppc386 test -XD

I think the problem is that we don't supply the RTL as a shared library
with the default installation, you have to create it yourself. To do
that, get the rtl sources from the development page, go in rtl/linux
dir and type

make shared

This should create a a libfprtl.so (or something like that). Place this
file in your /usr/lib folder and try again.

Jonas

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Help! - Dynamic Libraries in Linux

2. dynamic library/code in TP7(DOS)

3. Need help porting ancient MS-DOS Pascal program to Linux

4. Q: dynamic table manunipulation Help!

5. Help:Dynamic Creation Of TDataSource & TTabe Components

6. dynamic allocation of memory - help with error

7. HELP!! Dynamic SQL Statements

8. Help - using dynamic SQL with MS Access 2.0

9. Dynamic Link List - help pls!

10. Pointers and dynamic memory HELP

11. HELP :Dynamic Queries to Informix SE

12. I need help programming a basic book library system