ascii values
Author Message
 ascii values

hi, i wonder if anyone could help me...
i need the ascii values, the ones used in Pascal, not hex ascii or anything,
for the following...

1. enter (return)
2. delete (back space)
3. escape
4. delete (as in control - alt - delete);

ive been trying to create a validation procedure using ascii to check the
charachters, but the rogue value i have at the minute is [shift][A], and i
would like it to be [return] like any other number input.
thanx

craig

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ascii values

Quote:

> hi, i wonder if anyone could help me...
> i need the ascii values, the ones used in pascal, not hex ascii or anything,
> for the following...

> 1. enter (return)

13

Quote:
> 2. delete (back space)

8

Quote:
> 3. escape

27

Quote:
> 4. delete (as in control - alt - delete);

0, 83

You could have found out all this by yourself by writing such a simple
program...:

uses crt;
var
  ch : char;
begin
  ch := readkey;
  if ch = #0 then
  begin
    write('0, ');
    ch := readkey
  end;

  writeln(ord(ch))
end.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ascii values
ill remember that for next time

thanx

Quote:

> > hi, i wonder if anyone could help me...
> > i need the ascii values, the ones used in pascal, not hex ascii or
anything,
> > for the following...

> > 1. enter (return)

> 13

> > 2. delete (back space)

> 8

> > 3. escape

> 27

> > 4. delete (as in control - alt - delete);

> 0, 83

> You could have found out all this by yourself by writing such a simple
> program...:

> uses crt;
> var
>   ch : char;
> begin
>   ch := readkey;
>   if ch = #0 then
>   begin
>     write('0, ');
>     ch := readkey
>   end;

>   writeln(ord(ch))
> end.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Getting ASCII Value of a Chr in a Str

2. ASCII Values of Var

3. ASCII values!

4. ASCII value for 'dele

5. ASCII value for 'delete'??

6. ASCII Dos to ASCII Ansi

7. Difference between ascii ANSI and Paradox ascii

8. Ascii->DB->Ascii? (NEWBIE)

9. changing values to "no value"

10. Pie Chart Values - TChart series values

11. ascii - Ansi

12. ASCII codes in Windows 98