Scrolling Text in Text Mode - PLEASE HELP!
Author Message
 Scrolling Text in Text Mode - PLEASE HELP!

Does anyone have a procedure that will make text scroll accross the
screen in Turbo Pascal and then once it's gone of one side, come back on
the other.  A lot like a marquee on a web page.

I need this in text mode if possible, if not then anything will do.

Thanks in advance

Programmer X

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Scrolling Text in Text Mode - PLEASE HELP!

Quote:

>Does anyone have a procedure that will make text scroll accross the
>screen in Turbo Pascal and then once it's gone of one side, come back on
>the other.  A lot like a marquee on a web page.

I assume you are using CRT. Go to the first line and issue either
insline or delline. Then you need to write the first or the last line from
the data structure where you keep the information.

Osmo

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Scrolling Text in Text Mode - PLEASE HELP!

Quote:

> Does anyone have a procedure that will make text scroll accross the
> screen in Turbo Pascal and then once it's gone of one side, come back on
> the other.  A lot like a marquee on a web page.

Assuming that you think of horizontal scrolling ...

I would suggest that you write your own procedures manually.

You should use the following declaration:

Type  TScrChar = Record
                   C : Char;
                   A : Byte;
                 End;
      TLine = Array[0..79] of TScrChar;

Var Screen : Array[0..24] of TLine absolute $B800:0000;

You will need loops and move commands. This is hopefully enough
suggestion.

:-)
http://members.eunet.at/meg-glaser/    http://members.xoom.com/f_glaser/
http://www.geocities.com/~franzglaser/            http://start.at/bedarf

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Scrolling Text in Text Mode - PLEASE HELP!
Hi!
I have big character scrolling marquee Turbo Pascal unit with source from
archive at
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Horizon/3409/marquee.zip

Boo Khan Ming

Quote:
>Does anyone have a procedure that will make text scroll accross the
>screen in Turbo Pascal and then once it's gone of one side, come back on
>the other.  A lot like a marquee on a web page.

>I need this in text mode if possible, if not then anything will do.

>Thanks in advance

>Programmer X

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Not in graphics mode scrolling text box?

2. scrolling in text mode

3. scrolling in text mode

4. SCROLLING BOXES IN TEXT MODE

5. SCROLLING BOXES IN TEXT MODE - Panview [0/1]

6. Scroll in text-mode

7. Smooth Text mode scroll

8. Please help with graphics in text mode!

9. Bios text in graphics mode. Help please

10. Please help with graphics in text mode!

11. Text mode - graphics mode conflict (Help!)

12. Text mode vs graphics mode conflict (Help!)