DOS Internet Explorer
Author Message
 DOS Internet Explorer

Quote:

> This should be great if i able to create a Internet Explorer for DOS...

Internet Explorer for DOS - by yourself?  See you in about 10 years....

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DOS Internet Explorer

Is anybody know how to make dial-up call and access to the Internet, BBS,
email or so forth under DOS Turbo Pascal 7.0 environment?

This should be great if i able to create a Internet Explorer for DOS...
Currently i do not know much about Serial Port programming, can somebody
help me, at least start with the concept...

Reply to newsgroups.

Thank you.

My DOS freeware page at
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Horizon/3409/software.htm

Boo Khan Ming

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DOS Internet Explorer

Quote:

> Is anybody know how to make dial-up call and access to the Internet, BBS,
> email or so forth under DOS Turbo Pascal 7.0 environment?
> This should be great if i able to create a Internet Explorer for DOS...
> Currently i do not know much about Serial Port programming, can somebody
> help me, at least start with the concept...

hi, actually this is a joke, right?
1.your using dos.
2. you want a WEB Browser (ie. that's what IE is, right ? ).

there are a few dos based web browsers. try looking for lynx.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DOS Internet Explorer

Quote:
> > This should be great if i able to create a Internet Explorer for DOS...

> Internet Explorer for DOS - by yourself?  See you in about 10 years....

Why? TCP/IP units are available for BP7, and writing a (simple) HTML parser
is not that hard, e.g. without scripts, java, and such things. I know it by
experience, because I started writing a HTML component and finished the
gridwork (HTML parser, display text with tags) in about two weeks in my
spare time.

Arsne von Wyss
avonwyss(at)beaulieu-software.ch

|  I removed my reply address to avoid spamming. Please use the address  |

|    Personal & Delphi stuff - http://www.beaulieu-software.ch/avonwyss  |
| Swiss IOI'97 homepage - http://www.beaulieu-software.ch/avonwyss/ioi97 |
|   Contest Problems Archive - http://www.beaulieu-software.ch/contest   |
|          "Is that your C program listing or is it line noise?"         |

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DOS Internet Explorer

Quote:
>Is anybody know how to make dial-up call and access to the Internet, BBS,
>email or so forth under DOS Turbo Pascal 7.0 environment?

>This should be great if i able to create a Internet Explorer for DOS...

You can use another WWW browser for DOS, Arachne.

See
  http://www.naf.cz/arachne/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DOS Internet Explorer

Quote:
>2. you want a WEB Browser (ie. that's what IE is, right ? ).

>there are a few dos based web browsers. try looking for lynx.

Oh no, LYNX cannot graphics! Try Arachne !
   http://www.naf.cz/arachne/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DOS Internet Explorer

On 1998-01-16 "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ars=E8ne_von_Wyss_=5BAntispam_-_email_address_in_messag?= said:
   >Why? TCP/IP units are available for BP7, and writing a (simple)
   >HTML parser is not that hard, e.g. without scripts, java, and such
   >things.

Do you know of any TCP/IP or PPP code that doesn't require DPMI or WINAPI
calls? These are the only ones I've been able to find beside Winsock crap.

"Energize," said Kirk, and the pink bunny appeared.

Net-Tamer V 1.10.1  - Test Drive

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DOS Internet Explorer

Quote:

> On 1998-01-16 "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ars=E8ne_von_Wyss_=5BAntispam_-_email_address_in_messag?=
said:
>    >Why? TCP/IP units are available for BP7, and writing a (simple)
>    >HTML parser is not that hard, e.g. without scripts, java, and such
>    >things.

> Do you know of any TCP/IP or PPP code that doesn't require DPMI or WINAPI
> calls? These are the only ones I've been able to find beside Winsock crap.

A DOS Internet Explorer is becoming more real, now that Netscape plans to
put the source code for Communicator on the web. See:

  http://www.zdnet.com/pcweek/news/0119/22anets.html

In the meantime, Jonathan Ramsey has made his shareware TCP/IP for DOS
available. You can get it at the URL below.

Best Regards,

Mike
CEO, Analog & Digital Design
Automated Production Test
  http://www.csolve.net/~add/home.htm

Hosting Jonathan Ramsey's Pascal TCP/IP for DOS:
  http://www.csolve.net/~add/zips/tcp.htm

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DOS Internet Explorer

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DOS Internet Explorer

Someone here asked about DOS browser.Here is one cute browse thingy:
www.arachne.com

Regards,
P.M.

Quote:

> > On 1998-01-16 "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ars=E8ne_von_Wyss_=5BAntispam_-_email_address_in_messag?=
> said:
> >    >Why? TCP/IP units are available for BP7, and writing a (simple)
> >    >HTML parser is not that hard, e.g. without scripts, java, and such
> >    >things.

> > Do you know of any TCP/IP or PPP code that doesn't require DPMI or WINAPI
> > calls? These are the only ones I've been able to find beside Winsock crap.

> A DOS Internet Explorer is becoming more real, now that Netscape plans to
> put the source code for Communicator on the web. See:

>   http://www.zdnet.com/pcweek/news/0119/22anets.html

> In the meantime, Jonathan Ramsey has made his shareware TCP/IP for DOS
> available. You can get it at the URL below.

> Best Regards,

> Mike
> CEO, Analog & Digital Design
> Automated Production Test
>   http://www.csolve.net/~add/home.htm

> Hosting Jonathan Ramsey's Pascal TCP/IP for DOS:
>   http://www.csolve.net/~add/zips/tcp.htm

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DOS Internet Explorer

Quote:

> Someone here asked about DOS browser.Here is one cute browse thingy:
> www.arachne.com

> Regards,
> P.M.

Interesting site, but it seems to have little to do with the arachne
browser. It talks about actual lace-making:

"Arachne's Web Server is dedicated to the lacemaker's art. Due to
personal bias, the contents will tend to lean heavily towards 16th and
early 17 century laces, and lacemaking in the SCA."

There is mention of TCP, but no links.

It's refreshing to do something different for a change - Thanks!

Best Regards,

Mike
CEO, Analog & Digital Design
Automated Production Test
  http://www.csolve.net/~add/home.htm

Hosting Jonathan Ramsey's Pascal TCP/IP for DOS:
  http://www.csolve.net/~add/zips/tcp.htm

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DOS Internet Explorer

   >It's refreshing to do something different for a change - Thanks!
   >Best Regards,
   >Mike
   >CEO, Analog & Digital Design

Mike,
  I have tried responding to you via email with no success. I have tried
using Jonathan's units for writing a program using PPP to access a POP3/SMTP
server but it won't compile due to it requiring access to DPMI/WINAPI. I need
routines which can be used in real mode apps, not DPMI or windows. How do
I get in touch with Jonathan? I need to find out how to convert his routines
so they will compile under real mode and still access POP3/SMTP.

  Customer limitations, ie. 1M installed, 40M HDs, force me to limit my
coding to real mode. Windows/DPMI are not viable options.

Net-Tamer V 1.10.1  - Test Drive

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DOS Internet Explorer

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DOS Internet Explorer

Quote:

g?= said:
Quote:
>   >Why? TCP/IP units are available for BP7, and writing a (simple)
>   >HTML parser is not that hard, e.g. without scripts, java, and
such
>   >things.

>Do you know of any TCP/IP or PPP code that doesn't require DPMI or
WINAPI
>calls? These are the only ones I've been able to find beside Winsock

crap.

Heard of one... At www.dasoft.com they advertise tcp/ip software and a
www browser (among other things) for the HP 200LX palmtop. That's a
pre-286-class DOS machine, so no DPMI or WINanything there.
Unfortunately, I doubt they would let their source out! But it must be
possible if they've done it.

FP

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DOS Internet Explorer

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

 [ 20 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. Launching Internet Explorer with a pre-determined file

2. reading a table out of internet explorer 5

3. D4 , D5 and internet technologies that allow to create internet databases

4. Problem connecting to Local Interbase after installing Internet Explorer 3.0?

5. need help...want to store a db on a unix server and access online w/ win 95 internet explorer

6. syBase view in SQL explorer

7. Cannot see index columns in SQL Explorer (Oracle DB)

8. Database Explorer doesn't show tables correctly

9. IBM DB2 UDB V6.1 and SQL-Explorer

10. Delphi, SQL Explorer, ODBC & Empress

11. Resource explorer ??

12. Database Explorer reports incorrect indexes on Acces 7.0 .MDB file