Question on object pascal
Author Message
 Question on object pascal

Hi,
I have recently inherited an application in kylix and have to port it
to windows (Delphi I guess...) and various other flavors of UNIX. As
far as Ive seen theres no Object Pascal compiler for Unix. Is this
true?

Thanks,
Nipen.

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 10:43:24 GMT
 Question on object pascal
- comp.lang.pascal is obsolete and shouldn't be used anymore
- This belongs in a Delphi or comp.lang.pascal.misc group (where I set the
  follow up too).
- comp.lang.pascal.borland isn't about Delphi/Object Pascal, but about Turbo
   Pascal.

Please be a bit more careful the next time.

Quote:

> Hi,
> I have recently inherited an application in kylix and have to port it
> to windows (Delphi I guess...) and various other flavors of UNIX. As
> far as Ive seen theres no Object Pascal compiler for Unix. Is this
> true?

No, see www.freepascal.org. Most x86 unices are support, other processors
are expected soon.

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 14:05:39 GMT
 Question on object pascal

Quote:
>I have recently inherited an application in kylix and have to port it
>to windows (Delphi I guess...) and various other flavors of UNIX.

Delphi 6 should be compatible with Kylix.
Kylix uses Wine, so IMO the applications should run on every UNIX which
supports Wine.

DoDi

Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:13:56 GMT
 Question on object pascal
THIS IS NOT A DELPHI GROUP, fup set.

Quote:

>>I have recently inherited an application in kylix and have to port it
>>to windows (Delphi I guess...) and various other flavors of UNIX.

> Delphi 6 should be compatible with Kylix.
> Kylix uses Wine, so IMO the applications should run on every UNIX which
> supports Wine.

False.

Applications only run on Linux, and maybe systems with Linux emu. And only
on certain new Linux versions, though that will probably improve with time.

And the apps don't require Wine, only the IDE.

And of course anything non-intel is entirely out of the picture anyway.

Tue, 18 Jan 2005 20:28:06 GMT

1. Question on object pascal

2. Question regarding Borland Pascal with Objects v7.01 and

3. Delphi: Object Pascal Program question

4. Encrytion Components(Delphi), Object Pascal Objects(other) Available for DL

5. STL for Pascal and Object Pascal

6. STL for Pascal and Object Pascal

7. (newbie) textbook featuring extended pascal and object pascal

8. MW Object Pascal vs Delphi's Pascal

9. Pascal or even better Object pascal beautifier ?

10. Borland Turbo Pascal vs Pascal with Objects

11. STL for Pascal and Object Pascal

12. Object Question...