How to link a .GIF file into the .EXE
Author Message
 How to link a .GIF file into the .EXE

I know, this has probably been asked a lot, and I have looked thru SWAG
only to find a half-missing unit file to help along with this, and have
found nothing on the web nor in the #Pascal IRC channel.  This is my
last resort.  Sombody, please point me in the direction to being able to
do this!!  I know how to append binary data to an .EXE (copy /b file +
file) but I do not know how to access this data once it has been
appended to the exe.  I don't belive that it varies by file type, but if
it does, I'm looking to include a .GIF specifically.  I've looked
everywhere, and if you can help, PLEASE !!!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to link a .GIF file into the .EXE

Quote:

> I know, this has probably been asked a lot, and I have looked thru SWAG
> only to find a half-missing unit file to help along with this, and have
> found nothing on the web nor in the #pascal IRC channel.  This is my
> last resort.  Sombody, please point me in the direction to being able to
> do this!!  I know how to append binary data to an .EXE (copy /b file +
> file) but I do not know how to access this data once it has been
> appended to the exe.  I don't belive that it varies by file type, but if
> it does, I'm looking to include a .GIF specifically.  I've looked
> everywhere, and if you can help, PLEASE !!!

 I've seen this is a common problem, this question comes up at least
once
every third day or so... Personaly, I usaly make a separate file and
put all data into it, it makes the whole thing much easier, but just
in case you really want to make just an .exe, I'll send you a tutorial
that shows you the whole thing... (e-mail)

Joke/dST

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to link a .GIF file into the .EXE

Quote:

>> I know, this has probably been asked a lot, and I have looked thru
SWAG
>> only to find a half-missing unit file to help along with this, and
have
>> found nothing on the web nor in the #pascal IRC channel.  This is my
>> last resort.  Sombody, please point me in the direction to being able
>> do this!!  I know how to append binary data to an .EXE (copy /b file
+
>> file) but I do not know how to access this data once it has been
>> appended to the exe.  I don't belive that it varies by file type, but
if
>> it does, I'm looking to include a .GIF specifically.  I've looked
>> everywhere, and if you can help, PLEASE !!!

> I've seen this is a common problem, this question comes up at least
>once
>every third day or so... Personaly, I usaly make a separate file and
>put all data into it, it makes the whole thing much easier, but just
>in case you really want to make just an .exe, I'll send you a tutorial
>that shows you the whole thing... (e-mail)

>Joke/dST

Thanks for the tutorial, its great except for the fact it only touches
on .PCX...I know if I were a more experienced coder I would "get the
drift" and would be able to convert my current routines to read from the
memory pointer instead of a file name... if anybody would be interested
in that tutorial, it covers viewing pcx's and packing them, and it comes
with a utility that packs them...just drop me an e-mail and I'd be glad
to send it... and if anybody could supply some .gif specific info on
packing into the exe please help out!

Thanks

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to link a .GIF file into the .EXE

Quote:

>I know, this has probably been asked a lot, and I have looked thru SWAG
>only to find a half-missing unit file to help along with this, and have
>found nothing on the web nor in the #pascal IRC channel.  This is my
>last resort.  Sombody, please point me in the direction to being able to
>do this!!  I know how to append binary data to an .EXE (copy /b file +
>file) but I do not know how to access this data once it has been
>appended to the exe.  I don't belive that it varies by file type, but if
>it does, I'm looking to include a .GIF specifically.  I've looked
>everywhere, and if you can help, PLEASE !!!

Open the file, seek to the data, read it, and close the file.
Squirrel {*filter*} Information Page
http://www.people.memphis.edu/~uglmiller/home.htm

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 How to link a .GIF file into the .EXE

Quote:

> > I know, this has probably been asked a lot, and I have looked thru
SWAG
> > only to find a half-missing unit file to help along with this, and
have
> > found nothing on the web nor in the #pascal IRC channel.  This is my
> > last resort.  Sombody, please point me in the direction to being
able to
> > do this!!  I know how to append binary data to an .EXE (copy /b file
+
> > file) but I do not know how to access this data once it has been
> > appended to the exe.  I don't belive that it varies by file type,
but if
> > it does, I'm looking to include a .GIF specifically.  I've looked
> > everywhere, and if you can help, PLEASE !!!

>  I've seen this is a common problem, this question comes up at least
> once
> every third day or so... Personaly, I usaly make a separate file and
> put all data into it, it makes the whole thing much easier, but just
> in case you really want to make just an .exe, I'll send you a tutorial
> that shows you the whole thing... (e-mail)

> Joke/dST

Would you mind sending that over here too?  Thanx.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. BGI file linked in EXE file?

2. Link 2 exe and/or com files

3. Linking BGI driver into .exe file.???????????

4. Linking an .EXE file in my program

5. Linking EXE and OVL files

6. Linking several exe-files

7. Linking EXE and OVL files

8. Appending exe to exe file

9. Linking GIF/LMB/or whatever

10. Linking GIF/LBM/or whatever

11. Use pascal to open the bmp, jpg or gif files???( not attach file one)

12. Use pascal to open the bmp,jpg or gif file???( not attach file one)