BPC.exe behaves differently on pentium III machines..
Author Message
 BPC.exe behaves differently on pentium III machines..

Hello,

    I have to compile and build  some sources using the BPC.exe on
Dos(command prompt)  and while i tried this on my Pentium III machine it
didn't produce any exe,while when I tried this on a pentium II it did
produce one.

When going through a link
  http://www.*-*-*.com/
  I found that the BPC.EXE does not run correctly in a DOS box in a new
PIII/750 PC, though OK on a PII/450.

  Is there any patches/modifications to be done  so as to run this in
the PIII Machine?

Thanks in Advance.
Regards,
Joseph.

  Thomas.Joseph.vcf
< 1K Download

Mon, 16 May 2005 12:01:26 GMT
 BPC.exe behaves differently on pentium III machines..

RE: BPC.exe behaves differently on pentium III machines..

Quote:
>Hello,
>    I have to compile and build  some sources using the BPC.exe on
>Dos(command prompt)  and while i tried this on my Pentium III machine it
>didn't produce any exe,while when I tried this on a pentium II it did
>produce one.

     Are you compiling to disk with both machines?

Arthur Johnston

    (714) 903-9920 -* Westminster, California*-
    Home of --*WWIVMail/Qwk--BREdit--BRCBV*--

Mon, 16 May 2005 16:16:18 GMT
 BPC.exe behaves differently on pentium III machines..

Hello,
  Yes.
My command would like as below
BPC PQ4YAA28 /CW /DTopazIsUsed /DPCCATE /L /B /GD /$I+ /$K+ /$W+ /$Q+ /$R+
/$S+ /$X+ /$N- /$M20000,16000

where PQ4YAA28 is the main Pascal file.

Regards,
Joseph.

Quote:

> RE: BPC.exe behaves differently on pentium III machines..

> >Hello,
> >    I have to compile and build  some sources using the BPC.exe on
> >Dos(command prompt)  and while i tried this on my Pentium III machine it
> >didn't produce any exe,while when I tried this on a pentium II it did
> >produce one.

>      Are you compiling to disk with both machines?

> Arthur Johnston

>     (714) 903-9920 -* Westminster, California*-
>     Home of --*WWIVMail/Qwk--BREdit--BRCBV*--

  Thomas.Joseph.vcf
< 1K Download

Mon, 16 May 2005 18:35:28 GMT
 BPC.exe behaves differently on pentium III machines..

Quote:
> Hello,
>   Yes.
> My command would like as below
> BPC PQ4YAA28 /CW /DTopazIsUsed /DPCCATE /L /B /GD /$I+ /$K+ /$W+ /$Q+
/$R+
> /$S+ /$X+ /$N- /$M20000,16000

> where PQ4YAA28 is the main pascal file.

> Regards,
> Joseph.

> > RE: BPC.exe behaves differently on pentium III machines..

> > >Hello,
> > >    I have to compile and build  some sources using the BPC.exe on
> > >Dos(command prompt)  and while i tried this on my Pentium III
machine it
> > >didn't produce any exe,while when I tried this on a pentium II it
did
> > >produce one.

I am using BP on a P III at 1.2 gHz. Also BPC runs fine and produces
programs as it should. The only patch needed is for the RTE 200 problem.
(See the faq)
I suspect that the difference between the two systems is in the
operating system or in the way BP was installed.
The (dos) path has to be set correctly so that it can find all of the
files needed. (e.g. path = c:\bp\bin)
Try typing in BPC without further parameters, you should get a list of
possible compiler options.
Next to try is compile the program without all the options, just BPC
PQ4YAA28
Why don't you try to compile the program in the IDE. I find that a lot
easyer to work with. Just type BP to start the IDE.
If you run the BP installation program under windows, the amount of
memory assigned to BP may not be at its maximum. In order to change that
click the hyperlink that starts the dos program, select the memory tab,
and set all the fields to auto.

--
Femme

Tue, 17 May 2005 06:02:02 GMT
 BPC.exe behaves differently on pentium III machines..

posted at Thu, 28 Nov 2002 16:05:28 :-

Quote:
>My command would like as below
>BPC PQ4YAA28 /CW /DTopazIsUsed /DPCCATE /L /B /GD /$I+ /$K+ /$W+ /$Q+ /$R+
>/$S+ /$X+ /$N- /$M20000,16000

>where PQ4YAA28 is the main pascal file.

Any problem should be simplified as far as possible for presentation.

Create a file X.PAS containing just

        begin Writeln('Hello') end.

and try compiling that with the command   BPC X

If that fails similarly, then we can forget all those parameters.
Otherwise, re-introduce each parameter in turn to see which ones are
needed to cause the problem.

Are there other differences between the machines?  Have you read the
mFAQ about memory over 64Mb (which should be 64MB)?

  <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt> Pedt Scragg: c.l.p.b. mFAQ;

Tue, 17 May 2005 05:21:14 GMT

1. BP7 + Pentium III

2. pentium III patch?

3. TP7 can run in Pentium III or not?

4. Where can i find BPC.EXE (Borland Pascal 7.0)

5. Path destroyed by bpc.exe under windows NT

6. How to use BPC.EXE

7. Yet again -- patching bpc.exe

8. Help - Same Exe started from the Explorer and started inside Delphi behave different

9. Fix for Div by 0 Error on Pentium II Machines

10. Q: PENTIUM II machines and RTE 200

11. RTM.EXE, on Pentium Pro 200Mhz??

12. code machine/ machine language