Making binary files in pascal for an OS
Author Message
 Making binary files in pascal for an OS

Ive started playing around writing my own OS. So far its all in NASM and ive
come to the end of my asm knowledge (which is not very far) and Ive always
liked Pascal, how do i compile my pas files into a bin file? so i can
execute it after its copied into memory?

Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:30:20 GMT
 Making binary files in pascal for an OS

Quote:

> Ive started playing around writing my own OS. So far its all in NASM and ive
> come to the end of my asm knowledge (which is not very far) and Ive always
> liked pascal, how do i compile my pas files into a bin file? so i can
> execute it after its copied into memory?

Maybe EXE2BIN will help you? Look at your DOS if you have one if it
includes this. In later versions it was not included anymore. Otherwise
some search with Google will give you links to similar utilities.

Greetings

Markus

Thu, 15 Apr 2004 16:24:27 GMT
 Making binary files in pascal for an OS

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Making binary files in pascal for an OS
Ive got some programs to do it now but they all go on about "Direct segment
references" and "Relocatable items"
any sugestions?

Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:30:32 GMT

1. Converting binary (text file) to compress binary file

2. FA: Virtual Pascal for OS/2, RexxVIM for OS/2

3. How can a .exe file runs in DOS has windows?(Made in Turbo Pascal)

4. Making Pascal Display Picture Files

5. Making Pascal Display Picture Files

6. OS level file access and file in use error

7. file2inc.zip Binary data to INC file maker for Turbo Pascal

8. Can Excel read a Pascal binary file?

9. Converting Turbo Pascal binary data files with C++

10. Reading binary files in pascal

11. Reading binary files in PASCAL ??

12. Binary -font file for Pascal