Serial port probs/Flow control/Faxing
Author Message
 Serial port probs/Flow control/Faxing

Hello again all!

Well, I still haven't had any joy in getting my Pascal fax program
working on other fax modems :(

I have tried 4 different serial units now but still no luck.

Whenever I send a page from my program the receiving fax just stutters
out a few blank lines then hangs up with a 'LINE ERROR 5'.

I think it is still something to do with the flow control latency,
however after trying 4 different TPU units, (the last two handling
flow control in assembler for speed) I'm at a loss as to what I can do
to the following pascal code :

      while fcount < flen do
      begin
         read(infile,inchar);
         outbyte:=ord(inchar);
         inc(fcount);

         comwritechw(def_port,char(outbyte));
         if outbyte = 16 then
                comwritechw(def_port,char(16)); { <DLE> pairing }

      end;
      close(infile);
      comwritechw(def_port,char(16)); { send <DLE> }
      comwritechw(def_port,char(3));  { send <ETX> }

This is despite purchasing and reading/re-reading the relevant
sections of 'The FAX Modem Sourcebook' ...

The above code works on one particular class 2 fax modem only, but  it
DOES work.

Any ideas anyone ?

----------
Che Rowley

--
----------
Che Rowley

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Turbo Pascal v7.0 -- Controlling Parallel/Serial Port bits

2. serial port control

3. serial port software

4. serial port routines

5. Programming the Serial Port in D5

6. print to a serial port printer

7. How do I use the serial port

8. serialun.zip Turbo Pascal Object Oriented Serial Port Unit

9. Firing Serial Port Pins...

10. networks and serial ports

11. Simplying serial com port selection

12. serial port drivers