I need help with interrupts
Author Message
 I need help with interrupts

I'm writing a program that needs to check the contents of a floppy drive
when that drive is accessed.  At the moment I'm using the $0E int but my
machine stalls when the interrupt tries to check the drive.

Could it be that I can't use a dos function while i'm using the
interrupt, if so how do I fix the problem???

Thanks in advance

mark

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 I need help with interrupts

Quote:

> I'm writing a program that needs to check the contents of a floppy drive
> when that drive is accessed.  At the moment I'm using the $0E int but my
> machine stalls when the interrupt tries to check the drive.

Perhaps you're a bit confused?  Int 0eh, as it relates to the floppy
controller, is a hardware interrupt, not a software interrupt, generated
by the controller when an operation is completed.

Quote:
> Could it be that I can't use a dos function while i'm using the
> interrupt, if so how do I fix the problem???

Try simplifying, and not making it so {*filter*} yourself.  If you just
want to see if the drive is accessible, call dos.findfirst().  A
non-zero value should indicate an error.

Quote:
> Thanks in advance

> mark

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Video mode interrupt help needed

2. Need help to change the interrupt vector..!!

3. Need help to change the interrupt vector..!!

4. Serial Interrupt Handler Needed

5. Interrupts (Help!)

6. Help With Interrupts!

7. Help: Interrupts and Sleep in TP

8. Help : Interrupt 13 (Format Floppy and Hard Disk)

9. Long filenames by interrupts: who can help?

10. HELP: FP Calculations clobbered by a pgm's local interrupt handler on PENTIUM, 486

11. Help with objects and interrupts

12. Help : Interrupt 13 (Format Floppy and Fixed Disk)