convert TPU to PAS?
Author Message
 convert TPU to PAS?

Hello everyone!

Is there anyway to make a TPU file, back to a PAS unit file again? I'm
using Tp7.0. I think i saw something here in the newsgroup a while
ago..Please help!

Sincerely,
Kenneth

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 convert TPU to PAS?

:Is there anyway to make a TPU file, back to a PAS unit file again? I'm

No. If that were the case then this would be false:

-From: ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip Frequently Asked TP Questions
-Subject: Converting TPUs

32. *****
 Q: How can I convert a TPU unit of one TP version to another?

 A: Forget it. In practical terms such a conversion is not on. The
Turbo Pascal TPU units are strictly version dependent. If there were
a working solution I assume we would have heard of it long since.
The hacks that have been tried won't solve this dilemma. For all
practical purposes you need the source code and the relevant
compiler version.
   You may nevertheless wish to ascertain for which version a TPU
unit has been compiled. This is very simple. Just look at the first
four character of a TPU file. The codes are
 TPU0  for 4.0
 TPU5  for 5.0
 TPU6  for 5.5
 TPU9  for 6.0
 TPUQ  for 7.0 real mode
But don't go editing these. It will not get you anywhere.

   All the best, Timo

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 convert TPU to PAS?

Quote:

> :Is there anyway to make a TPU file, back to a PAS unit file again? I'm

> No. If that were the case then this would be false:

Hey Timo, isn't there a way to convert TPU's to OBJ's, which can be linked
in if you are REALLY despirate?  I'm have seen a TPU2OBJ for TP/BP7, but I
don't know for sure about 6...

           \|/           Peace can not exist without war, nor can war
       \\\\/|\////          exist without peace. Think about it...
        \\\\|////             ----------------------------------

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 convert TPU to PAS?

:Hey Timo, isn't there a way to convert TPU's to OBJ's, which can be linked
:in if you are REALLY despirate?  I'm have seen a TPU2OBJ for TP/BP7, but I
:don't know for sure about 6...

Maybe, but the point is this. One cannot convert a TPU back into TP
.PAS source. Furthermore, converting between TPUs of different
versions is too cumbersome for _practical_ purposes. No one has yet
demonstrated otherwise on the pascal newsgroups, despite the
referrals to these tools every now and then.

Now if someone proves me wrong, by coming up with a solution that
works without prohibitive complexity, I'll be more than pleased. I
am sure along with a lot of other users. But I am not optimistic!

   All the best, Timo

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 convert TPU to PAS?

Helle everyone!

Quote:
> Is there anyway to make a TPU file, back to a PAS unit file again? I'm
> using Tp7.0. I think i saw something here in the newsgroup a while
> ago..Please help!
> Sincerely,
> Kenneth

 I can't give you the right answer to your question
 BUT if your problem is, that you want to use a *.tpu unit, but does'n
 know the procedure or functions that is in the *.tpu, it is bee possible
 to see what object,procedure,comstants and functions that are
 declared in the *.tpu unit, throught the object bowser i Borland Pascal.
 Sorry  Tp7.0 does not have this function.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Convert *.TPU into *.PAS?

2. Convert *.TPU into *.PAS?

3. Converting from PAS to TPU