Why not Win95
Author Message
 Why not Win95

I have tp 6.0 and know it enough to write simple programs. My wish is for
an up to date program that will allow me to use my current knowlege to make
a simple windows program. Why can't someone come up with a compiler that
will take what us novices already know (not all OOP) and allow us into the

Thanks...

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Why not Win95

Hi

With BP 7.0 you can write Windows code (though only 16-bit). You don't have
to use OOP (i.e. OWL), but I for one would strongly recommend it. If you
want to use 32-bit code and Win95 - the only option so far is Delphi 2. I
wish there was a traditional Pascal compiler for both 32-bit DOS and Win95,
but unfortunately there isn't.

Sincerely, H?kan M?ller
-------------------

Quote:
> I have tp 6.0 and know it enough to write simple programs. My wish is for
> an up to date program that will allow me to use my current knowlege to
make
> a simple windows program. Why can't someone come up with a compiler that
> will take what us novices already know (not all OOP) and allow us into
the

> Thanks...

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Why not Win95

Quote:

>I have tp 6.0 and know it enough to write simple programs. My wish is for
>an up to date program that will allow me to use my current knowlege to make
>a simple windows program. Why can't someone come up with a compiler that
>will take what us novices already know (not all OOP) and allow us into the

>Thanks...

        Well, first of all. You do not WANT to support windows. Pretty much
any software you could think of already exists for it and the worst
thing about it is that Windows is a VERY inferior operating system. It
is hard to program for because the APIs keep on changing every
release. You end up spending tons of money on buying up to date
compilers just to keep up.

        If you wish to program for a GUI operating system or a superior
operating system you could check out Virtual Pascal (VP) which is a BP
clone. Anything you can do in convential PASCAL will work in VP but it
includes extra commands to allow programming for OS/2. Ask around for
VP and download the demo version. You won't regret it. It's free!

Gili

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Why not Win95

Quote:

> Hi

> With BP 7.0 you can write Windows code (though only 16-bit). You don't have
> to use OOP (i.e. OWL), but I for one would strongly recommend it. If you
> want to use 32-bit code and Win95 - the only option so far is Delphi 2. I
> wish there was a traditional Pascal compiler for both 32-bit DOS and Win95,
> but unfortunately there isn't.

Sure is: GPC (Gnu Pascal). Works with 32bit DOS (DJGPP or EMX), and
'doze95 (CygWin) - I heard CygWin (the environment, not the compiler)
is still under construction, but
I don't know for sure, as I'm not using 'doze95, I prefer an OS...

--
Frank Heckenbach, Erlangen, Germany

Turbo Pascal:   http://www.mi.uni-erlangen.de/~heckenb/programs.htm
Internet links: http://www.mi.uni-erlangen.de/~heckenb/links.htm

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Why not Win95

Quote:

> > Hi

> > With BP 7.0 you can write Windows code (though only 16-bit). You don't
have
> > to use OOP (i.e. OWL), but I for one would strongly recommend it. If
you
> > want to use 32-bit code and Win95 - the only option so far is Delphi 2.
> > wish there was a traditional Pascal compiler for both 32-bit DOS and
Win95,
> > but unfortunately there isn't.

> Sure is: GPC (Gnu Pascal). Works with 32bit DOS (DJGPP or EMX), and
> 'doze95 (CygWin) - I heard CygWin (the environment, not the compiler)
> is still under construction, but
> I don't know for sure, as I'm not using 'doze95, I prefer an OS...

> --
> Frank Heckenbach, Erlangen, Germany

> Turbo Pascal:   http://www.mi.uni-erlangen.de/~heckenb/programs.htm
> Internet links: http://www.mi.uni-erlangen.de/~heckenb/links.htm

You can use Delphi 2.0 for both 32-bit Windows programming and 32-bit Dos
programming. There is an extender on the net that will convert a Win32
console program to a pmode 32-bit Dos program.

ramiro

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Capability Not supported.....why not?

2. Why does BPW cursor go ballistic in Win95?

3. Why Why Why

4. Why not in millenium Editon?

5. Why not in Millenium Edition?

6. why does it not work please help

7. why not all the Virtual Key codes work ?

8. TQuickRep Why I can not do this?

9. Why should components not be inheritable?

10. Why EDBEngine error: Field is not a BLOB

11. Why not delphi offer Select into?

12. Why am I not getting the RTE 200?