Units and "type mismatch" error
Author Message
 Units and "type mismatch" error

I need your help.   With regard to the subject heading....

If you're up to it, let me know and I'll send you the source code
via e-mail-attach....  it's the only way to see the problem occuring.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Units and "type mismatch" error

Quote:

>I need your help.   With regard to the subject heading....
>If you're up to it, let me know and I'll send you the source code
>via e-mail-attach....  it's the only way to see the problem occuring.

Try posting your specific problem.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Units and "type mismatch" error

Quote:

>I need your help.   With regard to the subject heading....
>If you're up to it, let me know and I'll send you the source code
>via e-mail-attach....  it's the only way to see the problem occuring.

Hi

AFAIK declarations like

program A;

uses B;

type
  PInt = ^Integer;

var
  IntP : PInt;

   Proc( IntP); { here you'll get type mismatch }

unit B;

interface

type
  PInt = ^Integer;

  procedure Proc( IntPtr : PInt);

can cause this problem. Do not declare the same type in two places
even the declarations are the same.
If it's not the reason - you can email me your code, or better just
post a new article with some code (not too much).

Cheers
  Dmitri
        Shit happens, but why it always happens to us?

                            http://www.dma.be/p/bewoner/dmitri

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Spooky "Type Mismatch in Expression" problem

2. The keys "-"/"+"/"*"

3. FP106: Error: Incompatible types: got "BYTE" expected "SHORTSTRING"

4. "Syntax Error in expression" strange error

5. ""256 Color Mouse""

6. mssql uniqueidentifier causes "invalid field type"

7. "word" data type

8. "Invalid field type" exception

9. "Error Creating Cursor Handle"

10. "File is Locked" error message