256 color image on a 16 color screen?
Author Message
 256 color image on a 16 color screen?
Hello

I'm writing a program, wich uses 640x480 16 color VGA screen. I need to
display a 256 color bitmap picture on it. How do I convert 256 colors of a
picture to 16 color? (I use TP7)

Thanks in advance

--
GO!rilchX

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 256 color image on a 16 color screen?
ask bill gates about the best way to dither an image (if you can get a hold
of him,
and i do mean literally!!!)  :)

Quote:
> Hello

> I'm writing a program, wich uses 640x480 16 color VGA screen. I need to
> display a 256 color bitmap picture on it. How do I convert 256 colors of
> picture to 16 color? (I use TP7)

> Thanks in advance

> --
> GO!rilchX

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 256 color image on a 16 color screen?
change the original graphic in a graphics program (mspaint works) from 256
colour, to 16 colour. it makes the colours wierd though, i had to change the
colour component on some graphics i wanted to store on a floppy disk :o( not
too good :o(
cya
craig

Quote:
> Hello

> I'm writing a program, wich uses 640x480 16 color VGA screen. I need to
> display a 256 color bitmap picture on it. How do I convert 256 colors of a
> picture to 16 color? (I use TP7)

> Thanks in advance

> --
> GO!rilchX

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. 256 colors instead of 16?

2. 24-bit color to 256 color's source

3. Delphi: 16 color bitmap w/non-system colors

4. How do I print 256 color graphics?

5. Please Help : 256 color and Mouse

6. 256 color turbo pascal .tpi

7. TPW: loading 256 color bitmaps?